News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Silk Purse!" P-40 Warhawk! from a Ringmaster?  (Read 25152 times)

Offline beercamel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Re: "Silk Purse!" P-40 Warhawk! from a Ringmaster?
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »
BC,

Thanks for that info.

I was told by someone that knows building much better than I, that only 15 minutes a day of building can yeild great results.

I'm actually trying to do that.

Now where's that list of your kits?  ;D    #^

Check your private Messages..

BC
ALL AIRSPEED and NO HEADING is how most people plan their lives..   PICK a HEADING!.. And you eventually get to where you want to go!

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
I just read the entire post on your Ringmaster to P-40 rebuild. What an amazing job you did! Loved the canopy detail and those teeth! Gotta love those teeth! Great job! I enjoyed watching the transformation from just ugly to this prince!!!

Hope that you are still enjoying this airplane.

Thanks for posting this.

George Albo
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
I just read the entire post on your Ringmaster to P-40 rebuild. What an amazing job you did! Loved the canopy detail and those teeth! Gotta love those teeth! Great job! I enjoyed watching the transformation from just ugly to this prince!!!

Hope that you are still enjoying this airplane.

Thanks for posting this.

George Albo

George,

Hey! Hey! Welcome!

I'm impressed, WOW! You read ALL of the Thread.  H^^

I haven't even done that.  LL~

At the moment, I'm braking in an engine for this P-40 Warhawk, a McCoy 35. It's almost there.

A bit fast, but It flew well as a Ringmaster, only one flight actually before I did the rebuild, during the only flight the elevator was hanging on by a thread, actually a wire that slid out. Original builder had a long wire through the hinges holding the elevator on.   LL~

You really have to be a dedicated modeler to do this kind of work on a model that someone gives up.   n~

Kudos, from all my Forum buddies, help keep me inspired.  #^ Their replies too!  ;D  

Thanks for the reply!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:15:53 PM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 09:59:34 AM »
Thought I'd add these finished photos. The issue came up.

Here ya go Frank.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2016, 11:09:38 AM »
Man you should of left the wing tips pink! LL~ Nice looking! What kind of bellcrank is that? What kind of muffler is that?

Liner,

I tried to leave the pink but the color came off with the material.  n~

The bellcrank. In 1962, or there about, I laminated two bellcranks, as you see it, for my Ares. Been doing it that way ever since in all my models.

It's catching on.  LL~

The muffler is a work of art. The artist is Scott Riese. Great craftsmanship and a wonderful guy.

The model wouldn't be the same without Scott's mufflers. His mufflers are a good focal point.

Contact Scott and order a few.

Liner, thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
Old Thread but,

This was just brought to my attention. I made a mistake.

The muffler mentioned was not made by Scott Riese, although Scott has made all my mufflers.

This particular muffler I actually made myself.

I copied one made by another modeler but cannot remember which modeler?

Simple rolled aluminum with a cap.

His looks better. That I remember.

Charles

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
Interesting project.  And nicely done!  A wingtip weight box is a real good idea.  I doubt you will really need very much tip weight.  Don't be afraid to remove some wingtip lead.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
       Hello Chales:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again you knocked it outta the park!  Such creativity and craftsmanship! Great work!  I enjoy reading your very fine building articles.

Be well my friend,

Frank McCune

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 04:00:38 PM »
The P-40 has wing-mounted landing gear.  I guess it's too late to make the change.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2018, 05:14:40 AM »
       Hello Chales:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again you knocked it outta the park!  Such creativity and craftsmanship! Great work!  I enjoy reading your very fine building articles.

Be well my friend,

Frank McCune

Frank,

Just getting around to seeing your reply.

I was a great baseball player, shortstop, although baseball wasn't my primary sport.

Check out the TEXACO 13 build at Scale Models.

What an interesting aircraft to model.

The P-40 has wing-mounted landing gear.  I guess it's too late to make the change.

Floyd,

Just seen your reply also. Thanks.

Hey! What was that orange and black racer you built using planking strips on the fuselage?

I'm looking for the photo so I can refer to that great looking model, when I use the same technique on my TEXACO 13 build.

I'm looking for the photo.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here