News:

• May 01, 2024, 12:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Hole Shot"  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Terry Bolin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Havin' the time of our lives!
"Hole Shot"
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:34 AM »
Two of us here in our club are building the Hole Shot by Bob Hunt. I been excited about this ever since Bob started the artical in M.A. My question is: have any of you finshed one and please show the pictures!
Thanks, Terry

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
Re: "Hole Shot"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »
Well then......is anyone building one and not finished?
You know if it's a Bob Hunt thing......it'll be great!

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »
Well, Terry, no responses, so you will be the beta tester!

Mongo
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »
I built a Bob Hunt RD-1 a long time ago. Good flying little plane. I can't imagine this won't be the same. Pete Peterson is building one for Profile. I imagine it will be a killer.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Willie Johnson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
Terry,

Are you building the foam or built-up wing version?
Willie Johnson
AMA 774461

Offline Peter Hess

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:20:01 PM »
I have cut two "Hole Shot" kits and am eager to get my winter building campaign going.  I acquired from Randy Smith an Enya 25SS, the motor that Bob Hunt plans to use on his.  The Enya is broken in and promises to be a terrific power plant.  This message does not provide any information to anyone other than to say that there are a couple more beyond the planning stage.  I look forward to reading progress notes and suggestions from others who are building this neat looking little plane.  I am also looking forward to the remaining articles from Mr. Hunt in "Model Aviation".
Peter Hess
Canton, CT
AMA 485070

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
I have cut two "Hole Shot" kits and am eager to get my winter building campaign going.  I acquired from Randy Smith an Enya 25SS, the motor that Bob Hunt plans to use on his.  The Enya is broken in and promises to be a terrific power plant.  This message does not provide any information to anyone other than to say that there are a couple more beyond the planning stage.  I look forward to reading progress notes and suggestions from others who are building this neat looking little plane.  I am also looking forward to the remaining articles from Mr. Hunt in "Model Aviation".

Hi Peter, been a long while since I've seen your name!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Peter Hess

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:52:59 PM »
Hi, Randy:
Yes, it has been a while since I have posted anything.  As a matter of fact, it has been some time since I have been able to do much of anything regarding model aviation for the last five weeks.  Most of that time has been spent supporting/helping my wife deal with health issues in her family.
About the only model aviation things I have been able to do are to keep the control line circle mowed, finish breaking in a Randy Smith Magnum 36 XLS, and break in one of my Evolution 36s.  Although neither of them has yet flown I am really impressed with these motors.  But, then, I get a kick out of just running motors so all was not lost over those weeks.
Well, that's my story about my mysterious absence and I am sticking with it.  And, by the way, thanks for noticing.
Let's hope for some great October weather!
Peter Hess
Canton, CT
AMA 485070

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »
The two of us that are building the Hole Shot here are using the built up wing drawn on the plans. Jack Dock's is done and flown... It does a great job and is steady in the wind too. good plane for practice and economical too with a 28 OS. 10X 4 prop 2.5 oz of fuel.
We will post pictures soon.
Terry

Offline Willie Johnson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
Thanks for replying.  I have the plan and am trying to decide if I want to build it next.  I am also trying decide if I want to go foam or not.

Willie
Willie Johnson
AMA 774461

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:13:23 AM »
The wing is a easy build, I think you would enjoy the wood wing and it is light!
Post pictures when you get going!
Terry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here