News:

• May 12, 2024, 06:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What hinges are best for F2b size planes?  (Read 889 times)

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What hinges are best for F2b size planes?
« on: March 24, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »
I laid in stocks of hinges many years ago. I have now nearly exhausted my stock of large hinges, so I need to buy some more. I don't have a clue as to what is on the current market and how they compare? The last bulk buy was over 30 years ago hence my total ignorance! (I thought I had a lifetimes supply, but it seems I got it wrong!). Any info gladly received.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
Re: What hinges are best for F2b size planes?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
For 60 size stunter I use Dubro #257. 
They come with removable cotter pin which I replace with .047 wire for a continuous hinge pin. 
They sometimes have a little flashing on the barrel which you should clean up to not have sticking around neutral.
I also trim a little sliver from the length of the 2 inside barrels, and then they are friction free.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
Hello Ty
I most certainly do crash planes and I do recycle bits and pieces, including hinges, but the attrition rate eventually means that you get through them. I quite often manage to break hinges, most of my crashes are pretty spectacular affairs. I take it that you crash in a more civilised manner and don't break hinges?
I don't have a clue as to the best large hinges that are on the market and I fly on my own for the vast majority of the time, so I don't get much feedback from other people. The odd few are in the same time warp as myself, so are not much help in queries like this.

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
I kinda like the Robart pin hinges, myself.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here