News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Conversion Kit for the Cosmic Wind  (Read 29668 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electric Conversion Kit for the Cosmic Wind
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
As kid I build one of the first Goldberg Cosmic Wind's in the neighborhood.  I remember I like it a lot but not much else about it!  Last summer I built another - for the purpose of proving-out the installation of the Electric Conversion Kit (#BH-1946).  The Cosmic wind is a low wing design, and with an IC engine it is prone to be a little "top heavy" because the vertical CG is so far above the wing.  This is mostly remedied in the electric conversion bu placing the battery in a pocket in the wing.  The motor is still up there but it is partially offset buy the weight of the landing gear.  All I know is that this one flies rings around the one I remember so fondly when I was a kid.

One of the keys to the electric conversion is that it uses a second cheek cowl to help reinforce the motor mounting plate.  This gives the Electric CW a cleaner balanced look that really takes up a coupled notches aesthetically.

Of course the proof is in the performance - and that is where the Electric power system really shines!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Russell

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Re: Electric Conversion Kit for the Cosmic Wind
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 07:35:21 AM »
Nice electric plane, are you still flying this one and how have the electrical components held up?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here