News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WINDY URTNOWSKI......WHERE THE @#$%^&!!!!! IS HE STILL WITH US!  (Read 9941 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Never will forget the conversations with Windy Urtnowski...
What an amazingly gifted CLPA flyer who Spitfire was one of the very finest stunt machine that I had ever seen....plus his flying was 2nd to none...(well maybe our Paul Walker and a few other folks with rooms filled with awards and hardware. Windy's flying was always WAAAY ABOVE the rest of so many of us Walker Wanna bee's.
Don Shultz

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
Re: WINDY URTNOWSKI......WHERE THE @#$%^&!!!!! IS HE STILL WITH US!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:46:00 AM »
Joe Adamusco holding the Spitfires.
Jose Modesto

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »
Windy was 70 last August....he has shifted BACK to motorbikes....still makes a bunch of videos and emails everyone who listens about stuff.....today he told us in 6 emails that his pipes were frozen....
Have fun!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »
Windy was 70 last August....he has shifted BACK to motorbikes....still makes a bunch of videos and emails everyone who listens about stuff.....today he told us in 6 emails that his pipes were frozen....
Have fun!

Worst weather in soooo many years and maybe set a record for a deep freeze---frozen pipes really SUCK!
The coldest weather I have ever lived with was in IOWA ( 37 below 0) way back around 1955. Saw n' old tennis ball in the back drive way....picked it up and tried to bounce it...IT "POPPED" into teenie pieces!
NO wonder Windy is BABBLIN'   R%%%% %^

Don Shultz

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 01:12:05 AM »
Never will forget the conversations with Windy Urtnowski...
What an amazingly gifted CLPA flyer who Spitfire was one of the very finest stunt machine that I had ever seen....plus his flying was 2nd to none...(well maybe our Paul Walker and a few other folks with rooms filled with awards and hardware. Windy's flying was always WAAAY ABOVE the rest of so many of us Walker Wanna bee's.

The last bit is the most important part - Windy was/is one of the best to ever fly this event. It was very unfortunate that he wasn't able to appreciate his remarkably good record because he never actually won the thing. There are *plenty* of people who have tried their best and never made the flyoff at all, much less won. He made it year after year after year. Most people can only dream of that. Truth be told, most people can only dream of *qualifying* at the NATs.

But it was clear that he was sometimes miserable on those Saturday mornings because he seemed to be absolutely convinced that he was beaten already. He more-or-less admitted to me that he came in with a chip on his shoulder from his earlier life experiences and he just never got around the idea that people were against him - and that led him to doing things and saying things that pissed everybody off. Some of his  "buddies" took up the same attitude and certainly did him no favors, either. None of it was ever necessary. He worked as hard as anyone ever has to succeed (maybe harder than he needed to), and aside from the one thing, he did succeed.

Brett

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »
I miss Windy. He had a great voice in the event.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here