News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:04:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using a Video Camera  (Read 1239 times)

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Using a Video Camera
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:51:28 PM »
The Casio I have will take video, so I tried recording a few patterns.  Works best if the wind is from a steady direction.  I know there can be problems with angles and such making the shapes look off, but it is great for seeing just how bad the intersections, tracking, and shapes can vary.  Works at least as well as a coach, especially if it's all you've got.  Using a tripod is a good idea.  Having a friend pan the camera around a maneuver doesn't really let you see what is going on.  Even if the plane flys out of the screen, say on the loops, you can see it come back in at the same spot and angle and know that the loops were at least consistent.

Still haven't figured how an 8 that looks perfect when you fly it can have two overlapping loops on screen.
phil Cartier

Offline EddyR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Using a Video Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Bill Rich and I did video for years. We set the camera on a tripod and back far enough so it showed one side of the circle. We then used a soft marker and outlined the maneuver on theTV screen and you could see very clearly what was happening. Also the one not flying would comment as the flight was recorded about how the shape of the maneuver looked. I still have some of the one's Bill took of me flying and I have some of him flying. I wish I could fly that good today. We did 10-12 flight each three times a week. I recenty but them on DVD.I can still hear Bill say" ********** ~^
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here