News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: two stunt grunts, 77 Nats  (Read 9681 times)

Online Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
two stunt grunts, 77 Nats
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:18:29 PM »
Here are two well know stunt grunts at the 77 Nats at March AFB, CA.   H^^
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:09:18 AM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: two stunt grunts, 77 Nats
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »
Gee, Al, If you are lurking.....GADS! YOU LOOK LIKE A LITTLE KID? Were we ever that young.
 What a great looking Mustang. Sorry I missed that event...
I was was to help take on the  task that year to judge stunt, however my Boeing flutter model test lasted too long.
Just to show you how long ago this was....at that time in 1977, Boeing couldn't make up their minds, where the stab placement should be on the 757.

It was decided that we run more tests with the tail plane...with a higher mounted stab ala' MD-80!
Here is a little token from that Nats  that has been stuck on my old tool box ever since.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:20:21 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »
A little tweaking can sometimes help punch up the quality a little.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 12:07:53 PM »
Thanks....
I have an Epson CX7800 and a large box of old slides...that just look horrifical' when trying to print them...even with the photo enhancement settings.
They not only look soft-fuzzy..but also contain bunches of stripes...which even after cleaning the heads and using quality photo print paper....
THEY SUCK!!!
I have priced local photo outlets here in the Gig Harbor area...to have prints from slides made up...but at round' a buck a photo....and a limited retirement fund and christmas approaches....
One outfit suggests...putting these all on a disk..but my skills with my Dell Do,emsopm E310 puter' and my peeeea' brain cells...distroyed by years of "Rainier Beeeeeer" and toxic space age two part expoxy paints-------------------------

What would be the quickest, easiest, cheeeepiest' way to bring these old slides back to life?
SORRY TO KIDNAP THIS POST BUT HEY!!! HEP'ME????  n~ HB~>
demented Donnie-dumbolddo, exiled in Gig haaaba.
Don Shultz

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 08:41:12 PM »
Thanks....
I have an Epson CX7800 and a large box of old slides...that just look horrifical' when trying to print them...even with the photo enhancement settings.
They not only look soft-fuzzy..but also contain bunches of stripes...which even after cleaning the heads and using quality photo print paper....
THEY SUCK!!!
I have priced local photo outlets here in the Gig Harbor area...to have prints from slides made up...but at round' a buck a photo....and a limited retirement fund and christmas approaches....
One outfit suggests...putting these all on a disk..but my skills with my Dell Do,emsopm E310 puter' and my peeeea' brain cells...distroyed by years of "Rainier Beeeeeer" and toxic space age two part expoxy paints-------------------------

What would be the quickest, easiest, cheeeepiest' way to bring these old slides back to life?
SORRY TO KIDNAP THIS POST BUT HEY!!! HEP'ME????  n~ HB~>
demented Donnie-dumbolddo, exiled in Gig haaaba.
Hey Shultzie/Ty!
Try to find a Polaroid slide scanner (Sprintscan 35) on he-bay. Pretty good scanner for film negs or pos. slides Probably you cheapest route. you might have to add a SSCI(pronounced skuzzy!) card for your puter to interface with it. You'll get the res. you need.
Or any used Nikon film scanner( a tad more bucks) that goes usb.It really wouldn't hurt to have some version of Photoshop to clean them up with. The colors on some of the old Kodachrome/ Ectachrome slides is pretty hideous, and could stand a little "modern" hue.

Or you can take a batch down to you pro lab and have the whole bunch put on CD. Thats what you ultimately want to end up with anyway, an CD that you store em' on
, post em' from, and print em' from. Dont trust your hard drive!!
Or you can send them to me and I'll scan them for you. You just pay round trip shipping to H-town!!
Later dudes...
Wild RG
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 09:01:51 PM »
THANKS FOR THE IDEAS....
I'' check out E bay...etc.
But hey.......
That generous offer to ship all these slides.....for U to spend so much time in scanning onto a CD for us sounds like a very labor intensive and time consuming offer.  I would feel pretty darned guilty  bu imposing that much effort on you.
However if you are an addicted stunt-grunt jukie...These old slides are a real tripo' down memory lane. Your family would kill us both? :)

Thanks for your prompt reply to my ignoramaisis' lack of puter skills.

(exiled Don from Gig haaaba.
Don Shultz

Offline mark eisenhut

• Lieutenant
    • madphotos.net
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 05:56:16 AM »
Shultzie,
if your still getting those lines after cleaning the print head you are either out or ink or it's time for a new print head i have a photography business that i print photos on site and i get those lines all the time and you would think after all these years i would check the ink first. hope this helps because i know you must have a ton a great flying photos
thank for everthing
mark eisenhut
mark eisenhut

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 02:34:12 PM »
Another picture, Bob Whitely, same event.
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
Need to do a then and now pictures like the internet does with celebrities,  and these guys are celebrities.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »
Found another...
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
Another picture, Bob Whitely, same event.

Once an Alpha dog always an Alpha Dog...to this day.  One of the reasons "stunt" is "stunt" and not F2B.

Ted
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:43:09 PM by Ted Fancher »

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 07:19:05 AM »
For all of you that want to digitize your photos, slides, 8mm, and videos try legacy box at legacy box.com.  You should be satisfied with the result.

Tom McClain
Tom McClain

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here