News:

• April 26, 2024, 09:46:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks JIM SILHAVY...KEEP SENDING US THAT OLD "EYE CANDY" FOR THE DAY  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Like many of us here on Stunt Hanger...must know that our Jim Silhavy has a keen eye for finding great AVIATION EYE CANDY.
Today his subject was the amazing P-38 LIGHTININININININININING!!!
Stunning photos... (however nothing is quite as beautiful as Jim's beautiful  CLPA Gypsy models from the early daze days.
JIM! IF YOU ARE LURKING...why not share some of your favorite shots  each day...that you have found over the the past years? H^^
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:30:56 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Re: Thanks JIM SILHAVY...KEEP SENDING US THAT OLD "EYE CANDY" FOR THE DAY
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:40:02 PM »
Another couple of photos sent by Jim
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »
Just gotta love that nose art!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »
Hmmmm, here I thought MY GENERATION invented nekkid ladies in the late 1960's....  b1  ::)  >:D  LL~  LL~  LL~
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
I have something that I want to share about the man. While at Brodak's Fly In a few weeks ago, I was called to the gazebo for a picture after placing in an event. Typically, the very polite and accomplished young photographer seats you across from her in the  double  rocker. However, a gentleman was seated where I was suppossed to be . A  charming woman across from him told him " get up so he can get his picture taken". I said:" No problem, let's let  him finish his nap". The man stood up and I took note that his t-shirt read "Silhavy For President".
Yes, it was Jim and I felt more than embaressed. I always admired him and watched him fly from afar at several of the 60s NATS. I asked that he remain seated and allow  me the honor of his presence in the photo. We talked awhile and  btw, the other woman across the seat -Mrs. Phelps. Her husband, Jerry , ( left flying great) joined us and we talked some more;  about our favorite dishes and how to prepare them and the Florida lifestyle.I just had to tell Jim that he still wears his cap just as he did years ago

To be in the company of two of the greatest stunt pilots of all time was something I'll remember for may years to come.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Thanks for sharing your story about Jim this with us this morn.

By the way Frank...That beautiful model you built for the 69 nats in Philly was an outstanding example of CLPA art and flew as as good as it looked.
That old Minolta SR-2 that I shot that photo of you that I see is on your post heading...found its home in a Tacoma Camera Shop's Vintage camera collection H^^

Speaking of "LOOKIN GOOD" :)  We were such handsome young fella's in those daze-days of summer. ;D
Don Shultz

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
Hi Don,

Thank you for the kind comments. The photo you snapped 41 years ago and put on this forum was instrumental in my return to Ukie. Thanks! Wish I had that Falcon today...  Currently, I'm mostly flying ARCs  until I  fully get back in the groove. I should be ready  to put my efforts into building  something  nice  for next season.
 Jim Silhavy is a super guy-  I'm glad we had this chance encounter.
Regards,
Frank

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here