News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TEST SCAN THIS MORNIN' of a few Les McDonald's old photos.  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
TEST SCAN THIS MORNIN' of a few Les McDonald's old photos.
« on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:23 AM »
Although its a tad cold here in my Gig Harbor studio room (due to my furnace crapping out on our coldest below freezing day of the NEW YEAR)
thought I would celebrate with a few photos that Les McD took of these very young men who are now almost at retirement age...GADS TIME FLIES...
Les if you are lurking...any idea who where etc...where or if this youngsters are still GOIN ROUND ROUND ROUND TODAY?
Don Shultz

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
Re: TEST SCAN THIS MORNIN' of a few Les McDonald's old photos.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:58:54 AM »
I don't recall the year but I know it's Juniors at the Nats
From the left: Joe Musimeci and his Dad, then Kenny Stevens Jr and Sr, Bob Whitely and, I think, Bobby Thompson.
These kids could not only fly well they could put on a show. We all loved it!
The expanded Stevens clan is still at it and the Bob Whitely guy can still "kill em".
How about Dennis Adamisin in the floppy hat at the far right!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:27:05 PM by Les McDonald »
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:27:25 PM »
 H^^ THANKS LES! AND THE REST OF U GRUNTS. HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!and by the way...MY NEW FURNACE & HEAT PUMP WAS CRAPPIN OUT DUE TO A VERY VERY VERY OLD CIRCUIT' BREAKER THAT WAS HEATING UP AND  n~BEGINNING TO FAIL!
Must have been last night's FREEEEEZING FOG! At 4 a.m this morning it looked like a scene out of the DR. SHAAAFOGOFARGO' MOVIE!
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
Gooooooood scaaaans old buddy. It seems to me that new scanner of yours is working just fine, I finnaly got paid my 500 dollars from a post office claim that was turned down by the gorrilas in St Louis. I finnaly got help from Ron wyden and the vice president of postal claims in Washintoooon DDDDDCCCCCCCC. I guess I showed them who they were dealing with It only took me 6 months and scads of hours of work on my part because I had to do all the work. All they had to do was send me form letters of deeeeeeeeeenialllll.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 07:26:26 AM »
Indeed, great pix & great scans.  Hey Les I think it was Lake charles NATs --- 1974?  That was the last I attended until 1979.  I think the PAMPA column in MA, there was a pix of Joe Musimeci posing with Bob Gieskes pipe...

(coulda been 1973/Ohskosh too I remember RJ was there)
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
Great photo's! - How much does Kenny Stevens (today) look like his dad did back then - its uncanny !

RJ looks identical.
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here