News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TEDDY BEAR MEMORY LANE TIME TODAY!  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
TEDDY BEAR MEMORY LANE TIME TODAY!
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »
TED HAS ALWAYS BEEN SUCH AN  INSPIRATION (humm? What a great name for a CLPA stunt machine :!) over the years for so many of us stunt grunts..(newbee's or ol'toots alike)
HERE ARE TWO PHOTOS OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE "TEDDYBEAR" MODELS (also note his beautiful lifetime beauty beside him)...that not only looked great...but the record bible book of CLPA has proven a favorites for soooooooooooo many of us over the years!
(Ted, thanks for sharing these with me)
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: TEDDY BEAR MEMORY LANE TIME TODAY!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »
Yes, Ted is one of my heroes also.   He has created some beautiful airplanes.   Him and Shareen make a great couple.   Have lost count of how many years I have known them. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »
Found this AMAZING IN FLIGHT PANNNNNING SHOT of Ted....in the middle of one of his flights! Couldn't find the photographer...GADS! NUTTIN TRIVIAL ABOUT EITHER THE PHOTO OR TED'S BEAUTIFUL MODEL IN FLIGHT!
Don Shultz

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
Found this AMAZING IN FLIGHT PANNNNNING SHOT of Ted....in the middle of one of his flights! Couldn't find the photographer...GADS! NUTTIN TRIVIAL ABOUT EITHER THE PHOTO OR TED'S BEAUTIFUL MODEL IN FLIGHT!

Shultzie, you're my easiest critic. I liked this framing but I didn't care for the *blown out highlights*. This was literally less than 10 minutes after I turned this camera on for the first time and I didn't know what the hell I was doing. This one is cropped to approximate the rule of thirds, the raw image was pretty disgusting.

Brett

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
BRETT!
First...Thanks for letting me capture that amazing panning shot of Ted's model in flight...
and Second!!!
WOW!
I DON'T USUALLY THROW ROSES WHEN I SEE PHOTOS...HOWEVER, BRETT!!! That last  is one amazing glamour shot photo you took of Ted's CLPA art! My newbee Digital camera skills with my little so-so quality $150.00 Panasonic ZS5 so often reminds me just so often,(like the song sings) "MOMMA, DON'T TAKE MY NIKON CAMERA N' KODACHROME AWAY" :'( H^^

Shooting "RAW" before I bought my first little Fuji digital camera------I thought Shooting in RAW meant shooting photos SHOOTING GLAMOR SHOTS OF NAKED LADES  WITH EVERYONES PANTS OFF! n1 n1 HH%%

barebottom line:
 What's your favorite camera...(humm? My skills are pretty slim with digital camera knowledge and enhancement programs!
Perhaps, Brotha Brett?...
.Could you recommend a higher quality camera that still doesn't weigh a ton and need  a gaggle of wide n' long expensive bulky lens and equipment?

Any chance that I could smoooooooooooooze you into sharing more  of your favorite photos(and by all means.. your photos don't have to be CLPA related on the ol' "AS TIME GOES BY?"
Thanks...and have a great time at Tuscon huh?
Don Shultz

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:14 PM »
BRETT!
First...Thanks for letting me capture that amazing panning shot of Ted's model in flight...
and Second!!!
WOW!
I DON'T USUALLY THROW ROSES WHEN I SEE PHOTOS...HOWEVER, BRETT!!! That last  is one amazing glamour shot photo you took of Ted's CLPA art! My newbee Digital camera skills with my little so-so quality $150.00 Panasonic ZS5 so often reminds me just so often,(like the song sings) "MOMMA, DON'T TAKE MY NIKON CAMERA N' KODACHROME AWAY" :'( H^^

Shooting "RAW" before I bought my first little Fuji digital camera------I thought Shooting in RAW meant shooting photos SHOOTING GLAMOR SHOTS OF NAKED LADES  WITH EVERYONES PANTS OFF! n1 n1 HH%%

barebottom line:
 What's your favorite camera...(humm? My skills are pretty slim with digital camera knowledge and enhancement programs!
Perhaps, Brotha Brett?...
.Could you recommend a higher quality camera that still doesn't weigh a ton and need  a gaggle of wide n' long expensive bulky lens and equipment?

Any chance that I could smoooooooooooooze you into sharing more  of your favorite photos(and by all means.. your photos don't have to be CLPA related on the ol' "AS TIME GOES BY?"
Thanks...and have a great time at Tuscon huh?

I am not going to Tucson, I think I will likely be in Colorado Springs that week.

You flatter me!  I am no Elwyn Aud, who I consider the master of the genre.

I just point the damn thing as something someone else made pretty, not too difficult. It's really hard to take a bad picture of Jessica Alba, too, I expect.

I recall another similar thread on this topic but I think that one got lost when the board crashed. I will take a shot at redoing the thread later (don't have any time right now) but for things like this, good or bad, you *have to have an SLR*. For stuff that is stationary, the point and shoots will work just as well, but when its moving and you have to critically time the shutter, you *have to have an SLR*, the best point-and-shoot in the world will not cut it. These were all made with a (new at the time but bordering on obsolete today) Nikon D90.

I did eventually figure out the exposure, BTW:
( Nikon D90 with a semi-ancient Nikon 70-300 F4-5.6 AF Zoom, f/9.0, 1/1250 second, pattern metering, program auto exposure, manual pre-focus at some unknown distance (since the lens is old enough it doesn't put that into the EXIF data), this is hardly manipulated, it came of of the camera essentially as you see)

Brett

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
   I am not going to Tucson, I think I will likely be in Colorado Springs that week.

You flatter me!  I am no Elwyn Aud, who I consider the master of the genre.

These were all made with a (new at the time but bordering on obsolete today) Nikon D90.

I did eventually figure out the exposure, BTW:
( Nikon D90 with a semi-ancient Nikon 70-300 F4-5.6 AF Zoom, f/9.0, 1/1250 second, pattern metering, program auto exposure, manual pre-focus at some unknown distance (since the lens is old enough it doesn't put that into the EXIF data), this is hardly manipulated, it came of of the camera essentially as you see)

Brett

I am so pleased that you mentioned ELWYN AUD  one of my ALL TIME favorite CLPA photographers. YOU BOTH SHARE that same talent and gift "MINDS EYE" that is so rare today. Before I retired from the Boeing Company I had the pleasure of getting to work with two of their greatest HUMAN BEING PEOPLE-MINDS EYE  photographers..
 Dave Hutchinson and his partner Richard Green (flying off behind the photo cart)..who were famously known throughout the world for capturing the essence of eye-to-brain-to-shutter button trigger finger timing photography at its finest.
attached is a photo of Dave Hutchinson' retirement drawing that also shows both of these two VERY RARE & ACCOMPLISHED PHOTOGRAPHERS IN ACTION!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:06:33 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
Did someone say they had a picture of Jessica Alba?
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Did someone say they had a picture of Jessica Alba?

I said "I expect" it would be difficult to take a bad picture of her, not that I had. Particularly now, what with the restraining order and all.

That's why God gave you the internet.

Brett

Oh what the heckitydarn....let me share a shot of Jessica so we know what Les is seeing in HIS "MINDS EYEBALLS!"  LL~ HH%%
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:22:24 PM by Shultzie »

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
Oh, I just saw the words bad, hard and Jessica Alba.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
Oh what the heckitydarn....let me share a shot of Jessica so we know what Les is seeing in HIS "MINDS EYEBALLS!"  LL~ HH%%

Oh, that ain't what he's seeing.

Brett

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
    Oh, that ain't what he's seeing.

Brett
you got that right...:) DV^^
Don Shultz