News:

• April 25, 2024, 06:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt man down-almost  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stunt man down-almost
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
Om Wednesday my no. 2 Grandson and I got togather for a bike ride. The Park behind my house has a skate board Park so we went to take a llook. I could tell that Evan wanted to get in the mix so I told him it was ok-soooooooo I decided I would do the same just to keep it all in the family. Well seeing I think I am the biking super jock of bike riding I decided to join him so we could keep up the family tradidion of super jocks I very meekly enterded the fray by enyering my downhill where it was not as steep. In doing so it was steeper than I anticipated and I raced to the far wall and made a turn on the far slope and tried to peddle out of it and WOW.  I was on my keedter in no time. I picked myself up and continued on my way by going on the next wall and I picked up all kinds of speed and there in front of me was bump that I didn't expect and down I went again and by then I saw all these kids standing around asking me if I was ok. Well I told them I was and went on to the next wall and was thinking that a road bike is not the thing to use in a skateboard park when all of a sudden I saw my grandson in front of me so I bailed and went down again, The lesson I learned here was that I needed a stunt bike to ride here and It really is not my kind of bike riding and all these so called kids are great athletes and at my age I am not. I have a couple of sore fingers that are meraculously healing and a body that feels a little overused. Oh the other thing I thought of was the fact that I my age sometimes your desisions to do somethings is not as reliable as it used to be!     OUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH! HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>. Stupid!!???@@++++?!

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Stunt man down-almost
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
LEO,,,
stunt airplanes are safer than stunt bikes ,, now behave,, LOL
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »
Are right old man,  you need to realize those bike/skate board parks are for the much younger generation.   Like has been stated,  stay with what you can handle.    H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:50 AM »
Leo     If you were here I would take you to the new Velodrome not to far from me. It is scarry steep. When they have a open night I am going to try my Fixie. I will post picture later.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
Leo     If you were here I would take you to the new Velodrome not to far from me. It is scarry steep. When they have a open night I am going to try my Fixie. I will post picture later.
Ed
they have one here at the alpenrose farm and I beleive it is a lot safer than a skateboard park. MAYBE i SHOULD RIDE THERE INSTEAD

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
I have found our hearts don't change, but our bodies do. I keep wanting to get an old dirt bike to go with my Harley, but I don't think that is probably a good idea.
Jim Kraft

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »
I don't really see myself getting into riding a bike in those stunt parks. Riding a bike on forest trails, on the other hand...
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
Too many rocks and trees. To quote Dean Martin in Airport, "I like my runways plenty long and plenty smooth."
Chris...

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here