News:

• May 08, 2024, 11:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW TOPIC HEADING FOR "STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY?"  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Over the past years...and even from start up this STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY forum discussion board and even since DAY-ONE....
I have constantly been reminded that this section of Stunt Hanger was to be used for sharing your thoughts about someone in the "HOBBY-SPORT" that each individual thinks could use some uplifting or sharing with others on STUNT HANGER.

Naturally that should include more than just CLPA STUNT ADDICTS.

In truth...If "STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY" was a Nationally syndicated TV or Newspaper network this Forum would have been "PULLED FROM THE START" from lack of readership.

My owe my soul to the company store and offa' my deepest apologies to everyone...that even as a meager single minded CLPA ADDICT moderator, I have used this column many times to highlight past CLPA flyers...
when  I should have strived more often by  encouraging folks to share their stories and photos albums of friends from the past...from all phases of modeling.

I am equally more than GUILTY AS CHARGED...by using this column for posting all kinds of "OFF TOPIC" TALK!  :! :! y1

Yesterday...for example, after talking with our friend Bill Gruby by phone, I dropped by the his friendly "Brotherhood of the Ring" website and found they have a forum heading
"OFF TOPIC!"
Although we have "GENERAL DISCUSSION" maybe it more than FAR AND WAY time to consider a new heading title.. MODELMAKER OF THE DAY???....MODELING FRIEND OF THE DAY???
Even a suggestion of a new moderator has been brought up lately by some of my best friends in modeling..
.suggesting perhaps someone who is currently active in various organizations throughout the modeling sport and not some lookee'looman' Exiled here in Gig Haaaba' Wa. LL~

Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW TOPIC HEADING FOR "STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY?"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »
Donnie,

How about Real Modeling?   8)
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »
Model Behavior

AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 05:45:55 PM »
 H^^
Powell & Pacini...Seriously??? ~^
Thanks..GOOD BUDS! GUESS I NEEDED THAT! BW@
Don Shultz

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
H^^
Powell & Pacini...Seriously??? ~^
Thanks..GOOD BUDS! GUESS I NEEDED THAT! BW@

I guess I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for.  Do you want an off-topic forum with a catchy name?  Do you want a potpourri of  anything and everything related to modeling?  Do you want a forum dedicated to outstanding modelers/fliers or do you want a forum for "everyman?"  Maybe if you defined the parameters of the forum, then we would be better able to hit the target.

On the other hand, I think "Model Behavior" is a good one. ;)
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »
I guess I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for.  Do you want an off-topic forum with a catchy name?  Do you want a potpourri of  anything and everything related to modeling?  Do you want a forum dedicated to outstanding modelers/fliers or do you want a forum for "everyman?"  Maybe if you defined the parameters of the forum, then we would be better able to hit the target.

On the other hand, I think "Model Behavior" is a good one. ;)
Do I want an "off-topic forum?" NOT REALLY!
For example:
A good many forums have a General discussion forum such as the one we have here on Stunt Hanger....but other web sites for other interests...have a General discussion forum that "just about any thing can be posted and for an example, our friends over at the BROTHER HOOD OF THE RING...have a great handle called "OFF TOPIC" for their "anything can be brought up and doesn't have to be model related.
On Stunt Hanger..perhaps the forum heading "Amazing Model Stories" fits that OFF TOPIC shoe pretty well.
When I became moderator I was hopeful that the membership could use this forum heading to bring up the lives of both present day modelers and memories of old modelers who perhaps shaped their passion and love for modeling alive...but EQUALLY IMPORTANT...a place where we could uplift or illustrate someone from the present or past that MAY HAVE POSO=ABSALOOTSKI' NOTHING TO DO WITH MODELING....but has changed your life for the better or someone who they would like to share with the membership.

Looking back over the past year or years.....I have tried to carefully guide some of the various unrelated topics that enhance more interest for those forums headings shown on the first page of our discussion forums.

Ever since DAY-ONE....I have had that nagging feeling that the heading STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY...makes the false impression that this place is for honoring ONLY CLPA fliers.

At least my intention was that EVERYONE HAS A SPECIAL HUMAN BEING IN THEIR LIVES THAT HAS MADE OR IS MAKING IN THEIR LIVES....AND THIS FORUM SHOULD BE EXACTLY the right place to tell the membership about these very special human beings.

Bottom Line:
  STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY  for clarity sake: NEEDS A BRAND NEW HEADING TITLE CHANGE?

Don Shultz

Offline Steven Davenport

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »
How about "THE CIRCLE" or "PIT STOP" or "HANGER TALK"
Make It Happen! Steven Davenport

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 11:15:29 PM »
Well, now that I fully understand that you want a forum where people can recognize and pay tribute to those who were positive influences in their lives...

The Trophy Room
AMA 62221

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 12:25:50 AM »
Shultzie,,

hmm how about
The Nuthouse,,  LL~
oh that only works if we talk about us huh,, sigh

Hey you got that Chippie monkey back together yet,, Powell says hes moving to advanced next year,, maybe you could too,  :!

For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
Shultzie,,

hmm how about
The Nuthouse,,  LL~
oh that only works if we talk about us huh,, sigh

Hey you got that Chippie monkey back together yet,, Powell says hes moving to advanced next year,, maybe you could too,  :!

Uhhh? AVANCED FOR SHULTZ AND POWELL???? Uhhh? I was thinking Newbee-beginnergruntskis might work for me...and if the shoe fits me...maybe Randy and I could start a completely new class. VD~ LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 08:04:09 AM »
How about "Wanna Be's in Stunt".  I will never ba a Billy Werwage,  Rolli McDonald, Paul Walker or many others on the list, but, I try to have fun.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »
Right on Doc..."HAVIN' FUN!" I think should be the KEY! (PE**)
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 11:33:17 AM »
I think "The Scrapbook" would be a "kinder & gentler" title for the forum formerly known as "Stunt Grunt of the Day".  H^^ Steve

PS: I guess you could shorten it to 'crapbook if you want to keep the toilet humor connection.  SH^
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
Hey Steve, I think you nailed.  "SCRAPBOOK"  Isn't that we put all of the mementos of time gone past.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »
Hey Steve, I think you nailed.  "SCRAPBOOK"  Isn't that we put all of the mementos of time gone past.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday

Thanks for the vote, Doc. That's the intent of this forum, no question...an online CL Scrapbook.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »
"Nuthouse" fits us all.  "Having Fun" fits. But "Scrap Book" sure sounds great and gets my vote.
AMA 7544

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here