News:

• April 25, 2024, 05:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shultzie gets around  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Jim Kraft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • AMA78415
Shultzie gets around
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
Don; You did get around in your formative years didn't you. From reading your posts between the lines, I see you started out in Wakeeny Ks., then on to Iowa, then on to Oregon where you graduated from high school. I haven't figured out where you went from there, but am pretty sure you were on the move. Me; I started out in Missouri, then to Kansas, and been here almost all of my life. Did have a short time back in KC Mo. I use to do commercial 2-way radio work for the rural electric coop in Wakeeny back when I was working for a Motorola service shop in the 70's.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:43:05 AM by Shultzie »
Jim Kraft

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: Shultzie gets around
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
:) Yes!
The Shultz clan has been on the move---since I was born in the Ozarks of Arkansas...in 39! (see our photo taken the day we left Eureka Springs Ark.)
Escaped to Bronson Kansas... when my twin sister and I were only 11 months old.
Escaped to Meade in winter & summers in Wakeeney Kansas...
Escaped to DesMoines & Van Meter Iowa in my Jr. high years..
Escaped to Collins Iowa....in my mid to early high school....
Escaped to Hebo & Tillamook Ore. in my senior year in high school
Escaped to Forest Grove Ore for my college years
Escaped to Portland
Escaped to Tacoma Wa.
Escaped to Puyallup Wa.
Escaped to Kent Wa.
Escaped to DesMoines Wa.
Escaped to Auburn Wa.
Finally landing here in Gig Haaaaba, Wa...in 2003. (see last photo of The infamous Gig Haaaba Chumbait River Dog)
Yes!  Jim...It would appear that The Shultz Clan has been on the run for the past 73 years? H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »
Ahh! No wonder you are such a well rounded personality. If I remember right, we moved 13 times by the time I had graduated from high school. But the last three times were in the same town of about 1200 people. I really do enjoy reading all of your posts. Between you and Howard Rush, I always have something entertaining to read. Keep up the good work.
Jim Kraft

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
>>Ahh! No wonder you are such a well rounded personality<<

Well rounded? Uh, yea. sure.

RIGHT RANDY n1 n1 n1 n1... "WELL BURNED OUT" might be more accurate?" y1 y1  LL~
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:17:46 PM by Shultzie »
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »
Between you and Howard Rush, I always have something entertaining to read. Keep up the good work.
OUR AMAZINGLY GIFTED AND WONDERFUL FRIEND AND MODELMAKIN' MENTOR HOWARD RUSH....PERHAPS HAS ALL OF US BEAT TO PIECES WHEN IT COME TO ENTERTAINMENT READING, WRITIN'  RAZZZIN, TOY AIRPLANES ON STRINGS  N ARITHMAAATICK!  H^^ LL~
WE HAD A GREAT TEACHER...(Our mother was a school teacher..never knew my real Dad..but the Lord works in strangest ways..both my grandfather and grandmother lived with us and helped give us sooooooooo many life lessons...(you have heard me tell this before but my favorite all time lessons could have been from my grandmother Mary "WHAT KIND OF GIRL CAN KEEP YOU OUT UNTIL 3:30 IN THE MORNING?" My answer that always the same: "THE GOOOOOD KIND, GRANDMA!"
 but then her come back maybe was more truth than poetry---  "DONNIE LEE U ARE GOIN'TA HELL IN A HEN BASKET!" ]My twin sister and I worked the school system pretty well together...for so many situations.. Mary Jo my beloved twin sister has passed...n miss her greatly.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:08:42 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
Shultzie was always on the go and always someone we could count on for entertainment. He was never a pain in the A--- but always a good freind to everyone but was a bit of a womenizer in his younger years. Now he is just part of the ever growing senior discounters that we all love and know. I think he has settled down and has had the GIGGY Haaaarbuuuur address for some time now and we don't get to see him enough anymore. More ower to ya brother! HB~> HB~> HB~> #^ #^ #^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here