News:

• March 29, 2024, 03:37:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: REED BURCH My AirplaneGrunt of the day  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
REED BURCH My AirplaneGrunt of the day
« on: November 14, 2006, 03:25:03 PM »
REED BURCH My choice for gunt of the day.

Sorry to Gruntnap' this board... f~
 but I am still having so really difficult time getting stunt-grunts to post folks who they have enjoyed working and playing with models.
  Reed was truly one of the most gifted model flyers and BEECH BAAANAAAANAAAA pilots, who was paid each and every day to go to work at the wind tunnel where he took part in many many model design projects as an Engineer. (another Genius model nut)

The Boeing wind tunnel was BOEING DAY CARE FOR ADDICTED AND POSESSED MODEL MAKERS AND FOLKS WHO JUST PLAIN LOVE AIRPLANES.
(Note the V tail....many many many hour and brainstorms were involved in R&Din' the possibilites of using a V tail.
After talking with REED he was very disappointed that I didn't add a V tail to that Novi 4 that I had on my own work bench at home.

(OK! Gang....I am a loonie tooner..not an artist, and just love to make heads, legs, feet, hands, OVER-SIZED and often let TUNNEL RATS DO MY TALKIN'
Remember that because they paid me by the hour and not the project..and these guys often would give 3 days notice before retiring. This toon took me 3 days....(and it looks like it n~

Don Shultz

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: REED BURCH My AirplaneGrunt of the day
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »
Your style of art is very reminiscent of Ed Roth. Too Cool!
AMA 12366

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »
Your style of art is very reminiscent of Ed Roth. Too Cool!

I will never forget Big Daddy's Testor adds and funny car stuff.
Wild n' crazzzeee-fun stuff.
Loonie toonin folks are all kinda like in lots of ways...huh?  n~
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 03:20:52 PM »
Donnie...you should have come to the NW Skyraiders meeting yesterday. Gary Letsinger brought two big envelopes full of pictures. Leo Mehl as a youngster (well, almost), a picture of Jim Parsons doing Appearance Judging, lots of cool airplane pictures, including Joe Dill's Crusaderized Shark 45, etc. He's going to scan them, email me the files, I'll crunch them with IrfanView and email them back, ready for Gary to post here. Business should be pickin' up on the Stunt Grunts Forum, anyway...

Also, Mike Haverly had his new JD Falcon along, and wanted to go fly it...at Clover Park. We did that. Stopped and collected Pete Peterson, for moral support and in case we needed an 'enforcer'. The CP Security Guards didn't seem to have any problem with us being there. The lot we picked was the first one, next to the Fire Department. Fine for 60' lines (i2i), but not much bigger. We should go measure the next two lots and get some recommendations on the map page, I suppose. If'n we'd had your phone number, we woulda called... :! Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »
Great to hear that Gary brought photos......What a great photographer and one great friend  and one great stunt-grunt over the years and has given so much to so many of us.
I can't wait to see those photos!!!!
WE'LL HAVE TO MAKE HIM OUR STUNT-GRUNT OF THE MONTH!!!  #^
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here