News:

• May 10, 2024, 01:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo for the day???  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Photo for the day???
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »
Check out these two beautiful "modified Noblers?"  LL~ LL~
Gee...Look at this skinnnny kid.......wonder if he is too big for his britches these daze'? H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Photo for the day???
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:19:55 PM »
That's Bob's "Genesis". He is still using that "Bronze" from the same 55 gallon drum. We will have to tell Robbie to sabatoge the drum!

That is the old GSCB tool box next to the "Genesis". Bob gave me that box, I plugged the battery view hole, and refinished it. I still have it.
AMA 7544

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »
HI Tom,

Your mention of that flight box triggered a memory.  There is/was a gentleman here named Capstaff.  When I was teaching his kids, he told me he had flown model airplanes back in the New Jersey area....  He also said he did a flight box for Bob Hunt!  He has/had a furniture shop.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »

As I was not into stunt that much back then, who is the skinny kid?  Or can I call him kid as he may be older than me.  Back in the 50's, 60's and 70's it was racing, combat and carrier for me.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
As I was not into stunt that much back then, who is the skinny kid?  Or can I call him kid as he may be older than me.  Back in the 50's, 60's and 70's it was racing, combat and carrier for me.  DOC Holliday

That is a Stiletto 35 and it belongs to Remel Cooper, and he is the same size as then  last time I saw him.

Regards
Randy

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
That is a Stiletto 35 and it belongs to Remel Cooper, and he is the same size as then  last time I saw him.

Regards
Randy

OK! Randy...I didn't mean to be mean about Remel Coopers..modified Stilettobler' or his physical size...(remember most of us old stuntkoots aren't the same skin-n-bones that we used to be..and as far as the REAL Stilettobler goes...here is the REAL STIILETTO that was down the line a tad.
 Often I see so many stuntgrunters...(me included) think that just because they put on some new body lines, do a streeeeetch here and there...and then call what they built AN ORIGINAL... again in  my mean-meaningless drivel...
NO MEANESS INTENDED...IT IS THE BEAUTY OF HUMAN NATURE TO GLEAN WHAT EVER THEY SEE...HOLD TO WHAT IS TO BELIEVED TO BE A BETTER MOUSE TRAP OR A STUNTER.  I STILL HOLD THE THOUGHT THAT ALL OF US.. have every right to utilize what they like and enjoy.

WHY NOT THEN re-create what they continue their SEARCH FOR THE HOLY GRAIL OF CLPA STUNT MODELS...that in the end.... will take them to the "UTOPIA" of "Stuntdumb-dome"  LL~ S?P n~ :!

the last photo is Bob Hunt's Gen' (on his pathway in seeking the HOLY GRAIL and when ya think about it...Hummmm? With those new Gen' of his... (check out that last Gen of his) perhaps Hunt has truly reached that state of being called  "UTOPIA"  Could that possibly be the name of his next stunt model.. maybe not?????

I haven't checked but I would bet my old ST-46's n' a case of BUDLITE that name  UTOPIA has been long ago taken, gleaned and used over and over again.
Don Shultz

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:44 PM »
OK! Randy...I didn't mean to be mean about Remel Coopers..modified Stilettobler' or his physical size...(remember most of us old stuntkoots aren't the same skin-n-bones that we used to be..and as far as the REAL Stilettobler goes...here is the REAL STIILETTO that was down the line a tad.
 Often I see so many stuntgrunters...(me included) think that just because they put on some new body lines, do a streeeeetch here and there...and then call what they built AN ORIGINAL... again in  my mean-meaningless drivel...
NO MEANESS INTENDED...IT IS THE BEAUTY OF HUMAN NATURE TO GLEAN WHAT EVER THEY SEE...HOLD TO WHAT IS TO BELIEVED TO BE A BETTER MOUSE TRAP OR A STUNTER.  I STILL HOLD THE THOUGHT THAT ALL OF US.. have every right to utilize what they like and enjoy.

WHY NOT THEN re-create what they continue their SEARCH FOR THE HOLY GRAIL OF CLPA STUNT MODELS...that in the end.... will take them to the "UTOPIA" of "Stuntdumb-dome"  LL~ S?P n~ :!

the last photo is Bob Hunt's Gen' (on his pathway in seeking the HOLY GRAIL and when ya think about it...Hummmm? With those new Gen' of his... (check out that last Gen of his) perhaps Hunt has truly reached that state of being called  "UTOPIA"  Could that possibly be the name of his next stunt model.. maybe not?????

I haven't checked but I would bet my old ST-46's n' a case of BUDLITE that name  UTOPIA has been long ago taken, gleaned and used over and over again.

HI Shultzie

I didn't even think you were being mean ...I just added the information about Remel and  his  McDonald designed Stiletto...  Remel  flew with and  coached  Les, he is also a  very good  pilot.  I would have to dig back but I think Remel may have built  the first I-Beam  Stiletto s

Regards
Randy

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 02:25:32 PM »

Thanks....Randy for the info...
THEN LES DIDN'T BUILD THE FIRST STILETTO but again...who cares thus proving once again...that  both  these great flyers continue to develop what the desired or needed to improve their flying standards etc.

Don Shultz

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 03:10:33 PM »
Thanks....Randy for the info...
THEN LES DIDN'T BUILD THE FIRST STILETTO but again...who cares thus proving once again...that  both  these great flyers continue to develop what the desired or needed to improve their flying standards etc.

HI Shultzie

What I was saying is  Remel may have built the first  " I Beam" Stiletto, Not The first Stiletto. It was certainly the first I beam version that I ever saw. Les McDonald  did build the first Stiletto...as  he  designed the airplane, but the first ones were rib wings.  Later at the end of the linage Les slightly  downsized  the  660  and  built this version in an "I Beam" version
I believe it was around  620 sq inches or so. My favorite  still is  the  Stiletto "700"  that he flew at the  1975 NATs....which just happened to be the first NATs that I flew in.

Regards
Randy

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
HI Shultzie

What I was saying is  Remel may have built the first  " I Beam" Stiletto, Not The first Stiletto. It was certainly the first I beam version that I ever saw. Les McDonald  did build the first Stiletto...as  he  designed the airplane, but the first ones were rib wings.  Later at the end of the linage Les slightly  downsized  the  660  and  built this version in an "I Beam" version
I believe it was around  620 sq inches or so. My favorite  still is  the  Stiletto "700"  that he flew at the  1975 NATs....which just happened to be the first NATs that I flew in.

Regards
Randy
THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION ABOUT REMEL AND LES!
To me...Les has always been such a talented and artistic soul...and a damned good flyer. Love his paint schemes and model profiles...truly pieces of flying art...for sure and especially Les's 1978 world cup I beam Stiletto.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:15:35 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here