News:

• April 17, 2024, 09:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Our friend JOE DILL....and I talked today for almost n' hour.  (Read 950 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
It's hard to believe that I haven't seen Joe Dill for almost 30years....but today we talked on the phone for almost an hour...talking about the good ol' daze-days and his VSC trip this year. At last I have his E mail comcast address and since Sheila does most of the puter' stuff....I went over ways in which he can get used to do more than just "lurk on stunthanger.
I promised Joe I would go through my old slides and photos and attach them to a personal E mail...but also will post them on JOE DILL..REVISITED STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY....

We have been experiencing horrific issues with COMCAST yesterday and today LOSING both our High Def TV and internet connections...however its not all their fault...since we here in Gig Harbor are on the last stages of having our electric power, TV, highspeed internet, FINALLY installed underground and the power poles are due to come down by Friday or the middle of next week.
I have been booted off 4 times in the past 15 minutes...so with luck I will get a chance to download a few more photos for Joe...from the early 60s throught the mid 90's.
Great talking to you Joe...if you are lurking again.....
Shultzie (exiled here in The HAAABA!
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Our friend JOE DILL....and I talked today for almost n' hour.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »
Shultzie
Is Joe still flying. Last I heard he is in SPokane? thats about an hour north of me. Man I sure could use the good eye of an experienced Stunt grunter,, Put in a good word for me, maybe I can coerce him into being a coach for me since hes closer than anybody else out there,,
I talked to him once about two years ago after I was told who he was and we never managed to get together.
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
It's my understanding that Joey D bought a piece of property in the same complex that Paul did. And that Joe has his own, personal flying field on his property. Yea, Mark, you really should contact him. Joe is a great guy.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »
It's my understanding that Joey D bought a piece of property in the same complex that Paul did. And that Joe has his own, personal flying field on his property. Yea, Mark, you really should contact him. Joe is a great guy.

Take a look at these photos...
Joe with the original brand new DillShark....about 30 some years ago?
Here is that same Dill Shark after it had been given and PAID FORWARD to many a handmedownnout flyer...Hummm?
Thanks to the generousciteee' of Steve Helmick...it now lies against my garage wall. What a sad fate to such a great looking model. (Gads, I should talk? Look what I did to my old 34 year old SuperChip a while back...and it still isn't in flyin shape. LL~ VD~ H^^ n~
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:06:57 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:03:36 AM »
Looks like it has seen better days.  Probably too much trouble to restore that peice of history.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here