News:

• April 25, 2024, 01:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Old Giezer tries to perfect flyin with a bang  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Old Giezer tries to perfect flyin with a bang
« on: July 05, 2008, 05:40:52 PM »
At Recent 4th of july clambback at Happy Valley Oregon this year I tried something that I said I would never attempt. They we teaching kids how to fly 1/2A planes when sudenly I got to thinking that maybe I would give this a shot. I got all lined up ready to go and they started the engine and waited for me to signal launch. I suddenly realized there was no one there to help if I got in trouble. I had already figured I was in trouble when I could not see the elevators move but being the explorer that I am I signaled anyway. The launch was a thing of pure panick when the plane ballooned into the wind an did a shortcut of about half of the circle. It was maraculous. I gave the handle a little up and the plane leveled out and proceeded to do a nice level lap. So decided this is a piece of cake and decided to do a loop. as I did the loop the lines became slack and my reflxes put the plane strait into the ground. The plane was not damaged and no one was discusted because I crashed, But instead there was laughter and hooppin and holerin like I had just won the lottery.
  So ended my adventures of the 2008 4th of July. Oh I forgot to mention that I fly Clockwise and the trainer was set up for Counter Clockwise. I think I will need a little more practice before I start doing the stunt pattern. Oh I think Richard Entwhistle has Pictures. HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> %^ ~~> CLP**

Offline Jerry Olson

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
Re: Old Giezer tries to perfect flyin with a bang
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »
Here is the photo Leo mentions.  Photo credit goes to Richard Entwhistle
Jerry Olson
Clackamas, Oregon

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:35 AM »
Hey Leo, next time turn the plane over(inverted) for the launch.  Just ignore the landing gear and canopy and fly the plane.  DOC Holliday

PS: At least you tried. jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Just One-eye

• Another Old Fart
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:12:02 AM »
Anyone out there want to check me on this next, kinda vague, recollection?  I think that George A. picked up handles upside down for counter-clockwise planes he was about to fly, and kept his body convinced it was already upside down from the launch.  I saw him fly team stunt with Don Still several times, including with pairs of Stukas twice or three times, and Don made the (CCW) switch between his last Victory and his first Stuka, or even earlier than that.   

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:04:48 AM »
Hey Leo, next time turn the plane over(inverted) for the launch.  Just ignore the landing gear and canopy and fly the plane.  DOC Holliday

PS: At least you tried. jeh
I have flown combat ships yhat way and it works but I  was trying to fly other direction as an experiment to see if it is possible to do it.Ain't happen HB~>en

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here