News:

• May 13, 2024, 05:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Stunt Grunt- Part of team  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New Stunt Grunt- Part of team
« on: June 19, 2007, 06:13:32 PM »
 I would like to introduse a new stunt grunt that is now a part of the Art, Richard. & Leo stunt old timers and I use the word oldtimers loosly. Anyway if Shultzie lived anwhere close he would fit in. His name is Geof Christensen and he just retired so now he gets to fly models and he does quite well. He always says it takes his wife an hour and a half to get him ready to go to the flying field. Picture of maiden flight of his new Tutor.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: New Stunt Grunt- Part of team
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
I would like to introduse a new stunt grunt that is now a part of the Art, Richard. & Leo stunt old timers and I use the word oldtimers loosly. Anyway if Shultzie lived anwhere close he would fit in. His name is Geof Christensen and he just retired so now he gets to fly models and he does quite well. He always says it takes his wife an hour and a half to get him ready to go to the flying field. Picture of maiden flight of his new Tutor.

Leo...I see that you have trained him well...CHECK OUT THAT HAT! IS THAT COOL OR WHUT? #^
Congratulations to Geof! May retirement shoes fit his toeseee's and also congrats on a very very nice looking stunt model.
Don Shultz

Offline Jerry Olson

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:34 AM »
Leo:

I got to retire one of these years.  You guys are having way too much fun during the week and I'm missing it.

Jerry

Jerry Olson
Clackamas, Oregon

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 07:47:14 AM »
Hey Leo, great to see you bringing more fresh meat into the sport.
HOWEVER, sheesh, all these guys got to much time to practice. I suppose you been coaching Art some more too. Man how am I ever gonna beat those guys, I have to work. That severely cuts down on time to build and practice,, sighhhh ;) ;) ;) LL~
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 08:54:37 AM »
Mark I know what you mean. Try raising a family at the same time. Now you don't have money to buy stuff. But old father time will take care of that. Just ask this old father time. HH%% HH%% HH%%

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:22:32 AM »
Great another old timer in bibs.  Keith will like this.  A warning about retirement:  'You will find that you don't have time for it".  As soon as the NATS is over I will be going back to work.  The wife still has several more years before she can retire.  By the way tell the old timer welcome back.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »
For the past week I have been under strictest directions from my CEO CFO STRAWHAT BOSS & DEARLY BELOVED MISSEEEMAAASSSAAA----SAINT CAROL who gets up before dawn at 4:15 in the morning to go to her work...while I JUST ROLLL-OVER IN BED....think of her small demands that I finish staining the back deck...which I have been repairing, pressure washing...sanding and finally today that I put the final finish coat of stain while the sun is still shining....before I roll over and go back to bed.

I AHH WOKE WITH A START! I gulped down my instant java, grabbed my paint rollers and started painting at 7:30 SHARP!

It is now 10:17 and I have FINISHED MY PROJECT!!!!! HOOOORAY-YIPPPEEEE-KI!!!
Now I gotta repair my leading edge on my favorite low wind sport kite.....after I type this:

OPPs! (just a minute, the phone is ringing:)

Gotta run! That was my beloved checking up on me....She asked if I would water the flowers
and remove the deer-fencing on Roses?
(see attached photo of my other two "pets...smellin and tastin' Carols roses!")
Ahhhhh!
Sounds like excitin' stuff, huh? (But I know I can complete the watering etc..in about 35 minutes...or bust!
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »
Shultzie,

I recognize that picture. I  had to put a fence around the horse feed to keep the deer out. Between them, the raccoons and other wonderful animals, I finally had to build an enclosed barn. This time of year, my yard looks like Wild Kingdom.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
BEWARE SHULTZIE Those deer really like flowers, especialy Roses. If these deer get into your flowers you won't be able to come out and fly for a long time.Isen't retirement great. Like I tell everybody. I still have a boss at home. S?P mw~ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 05:20:20 PM »
 mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ VD~ S?P H^^ U GOT THAT RIGHT...... y1
Don Shultz

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 09:21:56 PM »
I been retired for a couple of years now, and am having the time of my life. It is great for people like me who love to play with their toys. The only thing is-- You never get a day off! LL~
Jim Kraft

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:19 PM »
Jim, why is that. Oh I know,I  have to ask my wife every once in a while for said day off. Thank God for Fathers Day! mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ HB~>

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »
Shultzie,

I recognize that picture. I  had to put a fence around the horse feed to keep the deer out. Between them, the raccoons and other wonderful animals, I finally had to build an enclosed barn. This time of year, my yard looks like Wild Kingdom.

I got to move to where you guys are!  All that free food right in the back yard would REALLY help out the budget!  I love venison!  Got to wait til it gets cold again so I can have some squirrell and dumplins........... then there's the BBQ rabbit!  Rabbit boxes are getting a little tired lookin, might have to make some more....
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:51:06 PM »
Last time i ate Rabbitt was during the depresion on the farm. Yummy those cotten tails were good. but had to watch out for any Buckshot. We did what we had to do in those days. 010! HH%% @@^ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »
Last time i ate Rabbitt was during the depresion on the farm. Yummy those cotten tails were good. but had to watch out for any Buckshot. We did what we had to do in those days. 010! HH%% @@^ HB~>

Speaking of bunny's???
the four legged one is..acceptable but that last bunny reaaaaallly is waaaay too much information!! (I stole this photo from Stuka-Stunt. I hear that Lenny like to pose for $$$ as a hobby.
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:50 PM »
The lady next door would like to hire this guy to do chores. Right LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »
The lady next door would like to hire this guy to do chores. Right LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

**) %^
Cute pup..but GOD BLESS the poor soul with the Bunny tatoo on his tummy-gut! LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »

Leo, last time I ate rabbit was last November a year ago.  I always liked to use my .22 Winchester 190 on rabbit and squirrels.  Not much of a chance of getting some #6 pellets in your teeth when you use the .22.  And, when still hunting squirrel, you can use .22 shorts and never have to move until you get 3 or 4 if you find a good spot. 

We didn't need the depression to have to hunt for food..........
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 10:47:35 AM »
My cousins used to set me up by the RABBIT hole with a snare. Now there is a exciting sport. It's almost as good as hunting snipe, another real winner. Snaring gophers was fun too. How come the gopher never gets confused about all those holes. Exciting stuff growing up on a farm in northeastern Montana. The wild wild west Huh. HB~> #^

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 07:46:30 PM »
Haven't had rabbit since I left the farm.  Weapon of choice was a 410 single shot.  It was great in the brush we had to hunt in.  22 rifle was for the squirrals.  have fun,  DOC Holliday

PS:Welcome back Geof.  jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 09:39:46 AM »
Geof wears these coveralls because he clames that it does't take his wife as long to get him ready to go flying that way. He says they are really comfortable and cooler than regular duds. But you have to be built right to wear these Right! y1 y1 y1 HB~>

Offline GEOFFREY

• Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »
 say leo we miss you out here at the park... besides it ant no fun talking about you when you  ant here.....
GEOFFREY L CHRISTIANSON  AMA 824607             DELTA PARK Portland Or.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 12:03:28 AM »
Geof, You are supposed to give Art the bad time when I am not there. Please don't talk About me when I'm gone or some such song like that. I will sick Gruby on you. mw~ S?P HB~>

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 06:54:38 PM »
Hey Leo, great to see you bringing more fresh meat into the sport.
HOWEVER, sheesh, all these guys got to much time to practice. I suppose you been coaching Art some more too. Man how am I ever gonna beat those guys, I have to work. That severely cuts down on time to build and practice,, sighhhh ;) ;) ;) LL~
Hey Mark these guys are now expanding their flying, Art New Vector 40 and Geof New Yak that flys very good with flaps.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »
Geof's new Yak. With an OSLA 25 It flys great with flaps. I was impressed

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 11:23:11 PM »
Nice flyin' machines.....and hey Leo!!!
IS THAT A NYC YANKEEEEDOOODLE-DANDY HAT YER' WEARIN?? H^^  y1 ;D

Art!!! Do friends...let friends wear NY Yankee hats? VD~ H^^ ~>
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
Nice flyin' machines.....and hey Leo!!!
IS THAT A NYC YANKEEEEDOOODLE-DANDY HAT YER' WEARIN?? H^^  y1 ;D

Art!!! Do friends...let friends wear NY Yankee hats? VD~ H^^ ~>
Naw, Thats Richards hat, I was always a dodgers fan in the 40's and 50's. Da Bums. I wear more sofisticated hats Like sturgis and old peoples hats, you know the ones that tell people you are still alive. Them Kind H^^ H^^ HB~>

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 01:46:57 AM »
Ok so where were you guys this weekend for the contest? I think Art is dodgin me! Anyhow, another contest without a broken airplane, thats two in a row,, wo hoooooo. It was interesting though. Im sure the facts will come out some time soon, i just got home, over 10 hours on the road, time for bed, its 1245, work is at 6,, yawn
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline SQ8s

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 12:28:24 AM »
Montana, Montana, Montana, That's all we hear from LEO. The last time Leo was in MONTANA all the sheep went to CANADA!!!!!  :o :o LL~ LL~

The last time Leo was in MONTANA....the ice age was the big deal  LL~ LL~ %^@

The last time Leo was in MONTANA ....Custer was at WESTPOINT as a private ~^

The last time Leo was in MONTANA ....The Horse was replaced by the bicycle  n~

The last time Leo was in MONTANA ....Lewis and Clark where still IN ST.LOUIS

The last time Leo was in MONTANA ...There was a height limit..anyone under 5'4 had to move to IDAHO... >:D S?P S?P
Scott Riese

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »
How do you know all this stuff. you been keepen an eye on this old farmer. You city slickers are all the same. How come those sheep look just like cattle. I lived where there were a lot of scandavanions. and me being German WOW. %^@ HB~>Long live Montana the third largest state sine 1889/

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here