News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My all time favorite Stunt Guru is --  (Read 3797 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
My all time favorite Stunt Guru is --
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »
Tom Warden, how ever I do not have any pictures of him.
 As a young boy a friend of mine named Rob Gow and I would go to Whitter Narrows to fly on Sunday. If you have ever seen any of Tom's work you would find it truly inspiring. Tom has to be the best finisher I have ever seen in my life! Bar none!!

If anyone has some pictures please post them. His Continental, Minado or Nobler were the cats A$$!

He worked for Testors at the time an use to supply me with the best wood I have ever had in my life. I was one of the very first guys to build a Futera. They were powered with St.46's.

Tom I will always remember the summer flights at the circle and you will be missed!

Another truly inspiring individual is Bill Noyes
AMA 12366

Offline dankar

• Captain
Re: My all time favorite Stunt Guru is --
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 02:57:21 AM »
Robert,
I knew Tom for several years and the least I could say is one great guy. I allways looked foward to talking to him at Whittier Narrows. I belong to the Knights of Round Circle and knew Bill also. Purchashed his Challerger kit that had full lenght spars l/e-t/e and was a great flyer. Flew right off the board and only plane I never changed anything. I still have the 1/2A version and great flyer.
Dan

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 11:09:36 AM »
I couldn't agree more with U guys....I am sure someone has a great photo of him somewhere that we can post as GRUNTMASTA' OF THE DAY.
I'll look through my old magazines...Wasn't their an outstanding color cover shot with one of his airplanes???
Other-wise we may have to "plunder a photo from Ted Fancher?" I know Ted and Sher' must have one?
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »
Let's proclaim---  TOM WARDEN, STUNTGRUNT MASTA' OF THE DAY!"

WHAT MEMORIES...this magazine cover brings back!

I was traveling for GAF Corp. with my  old Sting Ray in the trunk of my car during one of my quarter annual mail-in account trips to Friday Harbor, Wa.

When I walked in the door...the owner knew that during those days...I was an addicted stuntgrunt addict...He gave me this big grin and said...
"DON, LOOK WHAT I FOUND!"

He had saved that issue showing  Tom Warden, holding that beautiful airplane of his on the cover of this issue of M.A.N.

He mentioned that his magazine vendor was just putting out the issue the day before....and because he had been stocking only a few of M.A.N.  I had called him that same morning to arrange to meet with him so he gleaned me that issue.
Again...
My beloved new wife Carol was with me on that trip...and she was a bit (unsettled?) that I spent so much time that eve. READING TOM WARDEN'S ARTICLE instead of giving her my-----------"undivided attention ....as she was still a little PO'd I would even think about DRAGGING A STUNT MODEL ALONG on our weekend-minnie working vacation to beautiful Friday Harbor.Too much info???...

Especially when we returned  home---I quiclky framed that magazine in my old hobby room. (Next to the photos of my Sting Ray that I used at the 1969 nats.
Thanks for lifting up our TOM WARDEN....YES! WHAT A WORTHY STUNT-GRUNT OF THE DAY!!!!
Hey Grunts...E MAIL YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT OUR GIFTED STUNTMASTA' OF THE DAY!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:30:13 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here