News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moses Quintana  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Andy Lee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Moses Quintana
« on: April 07, 2019, 09:40:52 PM »
Most of us who flew stunt in the Metropolitan New York area in the early 1960's remember the sharp corners flown by Gene Schaffer and Bill Simons. Moses Quintana, who was in his early 20's, was a third flyer with those blazingly sharp corners.  He finished in 5th Place in Open at the 65 Nats.  Mo was a Golden Glove boxer, just to explain what kind of reflexes he had. He also had a talent for stunt design. He built an Ares, painted the ribs and spar white, covered the wing with colored silk cleared over so that the attractive structure would show. Among his original designs were Mighty, Zeus, Airliner and Thor. His home base was Brooklyn's Marine Park flying field where he flew with Bill Suarez.  He was last seen in 1993 at Flushing Meadow Park flying field in Queens, NY.  Attached is a picture of him holding Bill Suarez's ST60 Phantom.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Moses Quintana
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:37:16 AM »
Thanks for the pictures.   There are so many that have come and gone in this model plane hobby/activity.  Yes some are no longer with us and I wonder what those that are still here what they are doing.  Myself going through the pictures I have found has brought back a lot of memories.  Again thanks for pics. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here