News:

• May 13, 2024, 05:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IT BEEN GREAT....HANGIN' WITH EVERYONE ON STUNT HANGER BUT!!!  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
IT BEEN GREAT....HANGIN' WITH EVERYONE ON STUNT HANGER BUT!!!
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:20:14 PM »
IT'S BEEN GREAT HANGIN' WITH EVERYONE HERE ON STUNT HANGER....
BUT ACCORDING TO OUR BILLY LITTLE BOY!!! MY MIND SUCKUTH' SO BADLY....
that I leading everyone one astray...and that I haven't enough Brain Cells left to remember...
so with that being sad and said!

BILL LITTLE TOY BOY!

I LEAVE YOU IN CHARGE OF THIS STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY SECTION.
May the force be with you....I shall return to my previous lurking stages...if any one chooses just go to Bill if you'd like to post any memories...
One last photo for old times sake:

It's been a really great ride.... keep on goin' round-round-round.

Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: IT BEEN GREAT....HANGIN' WITH EVERYONE ON STUNT HANGER BUT!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
Boy am I glade you are leaving. This has brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for the memories. A little Bob Hope  here. I will miss your enthusiasm. I like the word lurk. I had a girl friend that used that word a lot. Good luck Shultzie. Stay in Touch!

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »
Donnie  :'(
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 06:13:41 PM »
This can't be happening, but it is your choice to make "Shultzie" Just remember that I will be here any time you want to jaw a little about old times. I'm gonna miss ya.

Buddies Forever;

"Billy G"   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 07:05:58 PM »
Hey Don,  don't know you except from here, but its been a fun 5 months reading your entertaining posts.  I will surely miss them. :'(
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 10:50:16 PM »

?
De Hill

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 11:13:53 PM »
Please tell me that isn't how your little white bug ended up? ???
mike potter

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »
You got to be kidding, right?  Who can put into words the past that we all remember even tho it may be in different parts of this great land, USA.  Don't ask Rush about one of the last combat contests he participated in at the old Swope Park Site.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »
So Sorry to see you go undeground, Donaldo.

Chris...

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 02:00:38 AM »
Don,
Don't want to see you go into "retirement". Thanks for doing this, and I will still be looking forward to your occasional posts.
AMA 7544

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:18:36 AM »
IT'S BEEN GREAT HANGIN' WITH EVERYONE HERE ON STUNT HANGER....
BUT ACCORDING TO OUR BILLY LITTLE BOY!!! MY MIND SUCKUTH' SO BADLY....
that I leading everyone one astray...and that I haven't enough Brain Cells left to remember...
so with that being sad and said!

BILL LITTLE TOY BOY!

I LEAVE YOU IN CHARGE OF THIS STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY SECTION.
May the force be with you....I shall return to my previous lurking stages...if any one chooses just go to Bill if you'd like to post any memories...
One last photo for old times sake:

It's been a really great ride.... keep on goin' round-round-round.

Whoa here Don!  I surely didn't mean to post anything that would bring about this!  With the banter we throw out, I didn't EVEN realize I had said something wrong!!!!!!!!!!

What did I do????????????

I would have said something sooner but I missed this some how..................  PLEASE get in touch with me!!!  I truly meant no harm.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 11:12:16 AM »
Whoa here Don!  I surely didn't mean to post anything that would bring about this!  With the banter we throw out, I didn't EVEN realize I had said something wrong!!!!!!!!!!

What did I do????????????

I would have said something sooner but I missed this some how..................  PLEASE get in touch with me!!!  I truly meant no harm.

Bill <><

me again...yep! BILL. No apolo's  you are totally innocent...uhhh? except maybe that we are all bound by the guilt of association, in  that we love toy airplanes? My prayers are with you and yours...today!  ER ROOMS CAN BE BOTH HEAVEN AND HELL ON EARTH.
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
Hey Shultzie! Get your self back here. We got more business to finish here. I was just joking about being glad that you were leaving. After all We are all tied togather here. We got stuff to share with other people.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Hey Shultzie! Get your self back here. We got more business to finish here. I was just joking about being glad that you were leaving. After all We are all tied togather here. We got stuff to share with other people.
Thanks...Leo! Thanks to our "G" man and Little big guy...n' that funny story about your Lurking gal friend..my LURKUN' JUST WAS TOO MUCH TEMPTATION.

Hey SPARKEEEEY' I will try to keep BOFUS' OUT OF COPYKITTY TROUBLE....but u know how difficult that has proven to be...

BAD OL' DON...AFTA ONE!  VD~
Don Shultz

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »
Thanks...Leo! Thanks to our "G" man and Little big guy...n' that funny story about your Lurking gal friend..my LURKUN' JUST WAS TOO MUCH TEMPTATION.

Hey SPARKEEEEY' I will try to keep BOFUS' OUT OF COPYKITTY TROUBLE....but u know how difficult that has proven to be...

BAD OL' DON...AFTA ONE!  VD~
Thanks Big Daddy Dondolondo! Let the balsa brotha-memory-makin continue!!!!.... H^^
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:48:08 PM »
<And the crowd goes wild> :##
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »
<And the crowd goes wild> :##

Hey Randy....How's that color scheme for N. Eagle of your's? That is such a great looking stunt model. y1
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 12:50:52 PM »
Don,

It's the original Novi. And it's coming along. Currently has two colors on it and is waiting on me to spend the next 8 or so hours taping and masking for the third color. sigh.... Hours of taping and masking for 3 minutes of painting.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »
Don,

It's the original Novi. And it's coming along. Currently has two colors on it and is waiting on me to spend the next 8 or so hours taping and masking for the third color. sigh.... Hours of taping and masking for 3 minutes of painting.

Randy.... TAPE N' MASK...WHAT A NIGHTMARE..especially if you are in a hurrrrry.
At the tunnel, I often would carefully tape off the taped trim lines and then slide a  clear drycleaning garmet bags over the parts and then water based felt marker...outline and back cut that thin, flexible clear garmet bag and then back mask the trim.
 After a few years of fussin' with these thin and fragile bags...the hanger paint shops had all kinds of nice large selections of clear bags of all kinds and sizes..that made those hurry-hurry-hurry---$$$ tunnel time is wastin' while U'rre tapin' and paintin...moments a teenie bit betta.
However, I also kept a batch of quick drying rubba' latex mold makin' goo that I thinned and ran through an old illegal touch up DeVilbus spray gun that I used for those really stubborn hard to mask areas around the stab-elevator-chin'-fillet areas..that often would lift when you least expected it.
 No problem with the latex mold as you could easily remove it with a quick rubbin' with those cheapy plentiful latex throw away gloves...NOTHIN' IS WORSE THAT FINGERPRINTS ON A SURFACE THAT IS READY FOR PAINTIN' (Retarded and thinned Epoxy paints reeeeeeeeally hate humanoidal' finger prints) Somehow...the brand of mold latex we used....didn't effect the paint surface...like so many other brands of spray or paint on masking materials have a nasty habit of MAKIN THOSE DREAMS INTO NIGHTMARES...

especially with those Gary Letsinger type aerodynamical' engineers with tight shorts and tight $$$ budgets...that expect fast and quality results.

GADS! I STILL DON'T BEGIN TO KNOW HOW BOTH YOU, RANDY....AND SPARKY BOB...FINISH THOSE BEAUTIFUL MODELS OF YOUR'S IN SUCH SHORT TIME FRAMES SPANS! 
WOW!
Everyone always says: U CAN'T RUSH CREATIVITY...BUT IN YOUR CASE:

RANDY AND BOB! U GUYS NEED TO SHARE YOUR SECRETS WITH THE WORLD! Even if we know that without talent...or the gift and lots and lots of practice with quality goals in mind....we mere mortals are still very much destended to mediocrittitittty' do-daaa day!  HB~>

one of my old display models (can't remember the scale but the body was about four feet in length and required gluing two pieces of beautiful walnut together for a base) that was in the entrance to  T.A's n' Frank Shrontz Plant 2 private office. I think after he left, that model is still in the Boeing archives...somewhere? BET THAT OL' SUPERPOX IS YELLOWED AND CRACKIN' BY NOW!
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 11:43:32 PM »
>>GADS! I STILL DON'T BEGIN TO KNOW HOW BOTH YOU, RANDY....AND SPARKY BOB...FINISH THOSE BEAUTIFUL MODELS OF YOUR'S IN SUCH SHORT TIME FRAMES SPANS! <<

You just get used to tedium. Taping is a lot of little piece of tape and sometimes I feel like I'm doing needlepoint. I taped off the Novi today for the third color. It's a sort of checkerboard pattern. Man, what pain. About 5 hours into it and it's maybe 2/3 done and I still need to mask after that.

But I sure like the result.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here