News:

• March 29, 2024, 06:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MATT KANIA--STUNTGRUNT OF THE WEEKEND AT THE RINGMASTER ROUND UP  (Read 1377 times)

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Hello Schultzie,
I'm thinking of a possible nomination for "Stunt Grunt of the Day". But he never won the Walker Cup. He never was on the US Team, I don't know if he ever won anything. But he provided the learning tool for almost everyone who has. (Everyone but Al, near as I can tell). His initials are MK, but it ain't Mike Keville (he'd be a good candidate, though).

Tomorrow, April 12, in Houston, Texas, will begin a two-day celebration in memory of this man, honouring his contributions to the Control Line hobby.  Through the tireless efforts of Dee Rice, this gentleman has taken his rightful place in the Control Line Hall of Fame, long overdue, in the minds of many.
The celebration could be called "Matt Kania Day", but it isn't. It is the  second annual "Ringmaster Roundup". Y'all come!
www.brotherhoodofthering.info/Kania.pdf

"T'was some time ago, 'bout nineteen and fifty,
                               a control liner unveiled, really quite nifty.....
                               The designer, Matt Kania,
                               started "Ringmaster Mania",
                               At 2.95 t'was also quite thrifty!

dg
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:21:46 PM by Shultzie »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
MATT KANIA...STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
I agree that Matt Kania is stunt grunt for the day, week or even month.  Won my first trophies flying a Ringmaster back in 50's.  I think Randy Cuberly was there that day, but, he was one of the two hot shot teens in the club.  DOC Holliday
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:04:33 AM by Shultzie »
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Hello Schultzie,
I'm thinking of a possible nomination for "Stunt Grunt of the Day". But he never won the Walker He never was on the US Team, I don't know if he ever won anything. But he provided the  Tomorrow, April 12, in Houston, Texas, will begin a two-day celebration in memory of this man, honouring his contributions to the Control Line hobby.  Through the tireless efforts of Dee Rice, this gentleman has taken his rightful place in the Control Line Hall of Fame, long overdue, in the minds of many. The celebration could be called "Matt Kania Day", but it isn't. It is the  second annual "Ringmaster Roundup". Y'all come!

"T'was some time ago, 'bout nineteen and fifty,
                               a control liner unveiled, really quite nifty.....
                               The designer, Matt Kania,
                               started "Ringmaster Mania",
                               At 2.95 t'was also quite thrifty!

dg

Hey Dale...
I took the liberty and made a change to that interesting SUBJECT HEADING of yours...that hopefully gives Matt Kania the honor which you think he deserves....maybe something simple like

"MATT KANIA, STUNT GRUNT OF THE WEEK END AT THE RINGMASTER ROUND UP"?b]Just a reminder that each and everyone one of us...have folks that we feel need to be honor or recognized and it sounds like your choice of MATT KANIA deserves a tad more than------
"whadda...Ya...Think? or Whoooooda thunk...(didn't work for Boing do you mean Boeing?)...etc etc.
Again Matt sounds like a perfect choice....so with that in mind, IT IS NOT ME....who needs to decide who the deserving STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY should be. 

Try to remember that it is EVERYONE who posts on SPARKY'S STUNT HANGER...who should UNDERSTAND THAT "STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY is just mearly the location on Stunt Hanger where anyone of us has, and should take,  the opportunity to tell us about someone who has touched their lives in modeling...

Let me make the heading change for you this time...just to get it started the right way? OK?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:07:25 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: MATT KANIA--STUNTGRUNT OF THE WEEKEND AT THE RINGMASTER ROUND UP
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »
Perfectamundo, and Thank you for the clarification!
There's a lotta modelers who have built and flown jillions of Ringmasters, Clowns, Circus Kings, and until just fairly recently, may not have known who was resposible for this veritable "Circus" of controliners. Or forgotten. Now, thanks to the "Brotherhood of the Ring" , the "Ringmaster Roundup", and "Stunt Grunt of the Day", it would be rather difficult to find any fliers who haven't been reminded of this pioneer designer.
As a teenager, I always like the way he used the term, "Fellows". As in, "Fellows, this is my best design to date"; always made me feel like he considered us all equals.
Thanks again, Schultzie, 'preciate it,
dale gleason
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:06:53 PM by dale gleason »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: MATT KANIA--STUNTGRUNT OF THE WEEKEND AT THE RINGMASTER ROUND UP
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »
Perfectamundo, and Thank you for the clarification!
There's a lotta modelers who have built and flown jillions of Ringmasters, Clowns, Circus Kings, and until just fairly recently, may not have known who was resposible for this veritable "Circus" of controliners. Or forgotten. Now, thanks to the "Brotherhood of the Ring" , the "Ringmaster Roundup", and "Stunt Grunt of the Day", it would be rather difficult to find any fliers who haven't been reminded of this pioneer designer.
As a teenager, I always like the way he used the term, "Fellows". As in, "Fellows, this is my best design to date"; always made me feel like he considered us all equals.
Thanks again, Schultzie, 'preciate it,
dale gleason

"PURTY' STUPID BRAIN-FART HUH?"  SPULLIN N TIPE'IN TAINT ONE OF MY BLESSINGS..especially now that I am in the "winter" of my life.

Thanks Dale for reminding me about the way I spull' "STUNT HANGAR" WITH AN "E"  LL~ LL~However, being born ( with no E) deep in the OZARK mountains of Arkansas...up the white river (U saw the movie "DeliverAnce") with a very limited GENE POOL?
Well, all of you saw my "Grandpappy doin his little dance, and...neva' mind!.... LL~ LL~ :o ~^
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here