News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:59:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: losing freinds  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
losing freinds
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:27:05 AM »
This year I lost my boss of 17 years,my friend in Eugene and a friend that lived in Brownsville Oregon. I also lost my x-wife at the age of 81. It has not been a good year for me as I also lost my good friend Jerry Olsen. All will be missed by friends and family. I am Not in any hurry to visit them. As I told those old guys at the delta flying site,"I got new for you guys"  "my docter says I will probably live to at least 96 years old. I still ride bike for I have always believed exersize is good for the body and soul.  H^^ H^^

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: losing freinds
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
Well keep taking care of yourself.  I had missed seeing posts from you here, but at our age, was afraid to ask.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: losing freinds
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:55 PM »
Leo I know so much loss all so close is tough to swallow. I'm only 58, and have been the type of guy that has one or two best friends for decades, but not a whole entourage like other people do. I lost one in a train wreck some years ago and the other just died what I consider an avoidable and very hurtful death last year, without ever calling me to say he was sick or even goodbye. I was heartbroken. Felt like, well now it's just me and my wife and 29 year old son, I'll get by. Besides the Docs said I wasn't gonna last 10 more years... in 1997, Ha! Fooled them.

Then after having outgrown my solo neighborhood CL field, I had to join a club where I didn't hit tree branches on long lines. I'd never flown with others or even known it was really possible in my obscure hobby. Now I have more friends at once than I ever have, who all care about me and each other. I feel like the luckiest guy on Earth. Having more fun than ought to be allowed. I'm so glad I didn't sink into the despair that was only a few steps behind me for some of that time. And I continue to meet lots of people from the forums and that brings the whole rest of the world closer to me. It's an amazing thing to be alive. I only feel bad that my forever lost buddies can't be a part of what I'm doing now.

But, like we used to say in the '60s, Keep on Truckin'. It's worth it. every day.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here