News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:48:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I sure miss Shultzie  (Read 12776 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
I sure miss Shultzie
« on: December 20, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »
It has taken me a while to come to grips Shultzie is gone. Merry Christmas Shultzie and I hope you took your Stunt Hangar Jacket with you to the ultimate flying circle to let them know we are here.

I will need another moderator for this section if anyone wants the job and knows a thing or two for the good ole days drop me a PM.
AMA 12366

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: I sure miss Shultzie
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »
THanks SParky, SHutlzie was a good friend, and Randy P and I miss him alot,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »
It has taken me a while to come to grips Shultzie is gone. Merry Christmas Shultzie and I hope you took your Stunt Hangar Jacket with you to the ultimate flying circle to let them know we are here.

I will need another moderator for this section if anyone wants the job and knows a thing or two for the good ole days drop me a PM.

You probably never met him in person, but as kooky as he seemed was exactly as kooky as he was. He was 100% bona-fide Real Deal nutso. A lot of people didn't get it or didn't appreciate it, but I sure did. I only met him once but he was exactly as you would expect and it was great. We lost something when he died.

As a personal aside, he greatly encouraged me in my photography, more-or-less going out of his way to say so. I had a fair bit of conversation with him in private, and he was my #1 fan and coming from a very accomplished professional artist, it really meant something to me.

Brett

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:10:15 PM »
Looks like I missed meeting a great one.  I really enjoyed the photos and commentary of his writing.  He is missed. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »
      You probably never met him in person, but as kooky as he seemed was exactly as kooky as he was. He was 100% bona-fide Real Deal nutso. A lot of people didn't get it or didn't appreciate it, but I sure did. I only met him once but he was exactly as you would expect and it was great. We lost something when he died.

As a personal aside, he greatly encouraged me in my photography, more-or-less going out of his way to say so. I had a fair bit of conversation with him in private, and he was my #1 fan and coming from a very accomplished professional artist, it really meant something to me.

Brett     
THank you Brett, he was as you say,, Kooky,, Eccentric, but a treasure trove of all sorts of info,, and very supportive on an individual basis,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »
THank you Brett, he was as you say,, Kooky,, Eccentric, but a treasure trove of all sorts of info,, and very supportive on an individual basis,,

A lot of people come on that way, but boy, he was the genuine article. Wonderful guy.

Brett

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »
Don could be goofy at times and was a genuine character, but a nicer guy you will never meet. He was always willing to help and we had many a long discussion on not just model planes, though there was a lot of that, but on all kinds of topics. I remember sitting in a coffee shop in Gig Harbor and talking about the nature of judging, psychology and perception. He was a bright guy and I miss him tremendously.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
Don could be goofy at times and was a genuine character, but a nicer guy you will never meet. He was always willing to help and we had many a long discussion on not just model planes, though there was a lot of that, but on all kinds of topics. I remember sitting in a coffee shop in Gig Harbor and talking about the nature of judging, psychology and perception. He was a bright guy and I miss him tremendously.
I wish that I had that oppurtunity Randy I am glad you did,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »
Which one of you two is going to try and take his place?  Yes, I know he can't be replaced. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:23 AM »
Unfortunately, I never got to meet Schultzie in person..... I did have MANY phone conversations with Don and came to really respect him.  A finer, or more talented, guy we could never meet and I really miss him.
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
What a magnificently talented guy. 'miss his friendly and funny posts and especially his art, when he chose to show us some. I really appreciated seeing the old pictures and reading the stories.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
Another Christmas is coming up and I wanted to wish Shultzie a Merry one. Your Artwork is not forgotten

AMA 12366

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
Never met or spoke to him . Call it whatever but unbeknownst to me (at that time), he snapped a photo of me and my stunter at the 69 Willow Grove NATS. Another friend, Tom Luciano, told me back in 2010 that he saw the photo here on Stunthangar entitled "nice flying Falcon".  It took awhile to locate , but when I saw it totally reignited my enthusiasm for control line. The photo is the one I use next to my name.
Thanks Don, and rest in peace.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 11:49:35 AM »
No takers yet?  I consider my self to old and not good with writing to do even half the job that Don did.   Come on youngsters step and help Sparky out. mw~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here