News:

• April 19, 2024, 10:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Happy 80th Birthday Big Art!  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Happy 80th Birthday Big Art!
« on: April 24, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »
Wednesday April 25 is Art Adamisin's 80th birthday.  The family had a surprise party for him last
Saturday, a couple pix attached.  Yup he's still hornery as cat dirt.  Hope I have his energy when I'm 80.  Heck, I wish I could keep up with him NOW!

Friends of Big Art - send him a note!  jury1@wowway.com  :)
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Happy 80th Birthday Big Art!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »
Dennis,
Thanks for sharing this with us.  Happy Birthday Art!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »
Happy Birthday to Big Art, and many many more!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:35 AM »
Happy "B" day you old f**t. LOL H^^ LL~ Z@@ZZZ n~ y1 D>K

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 06:20:22 AM »

Happy Birthday "Big Art"  May you have many more.

"Billy G"   ;D
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:56:07 AM »
"BE-BE-BE-HAAAAAPPPY ON YOUR 80TH BIRTHDAY "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG ART!" KEEP ON KEEPIN'ON!"
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »
Art. The best happy birthday is the that we celbrate every year. I have alwas admired your connection with your family and all the kids you have helped and inspired. I am gled that your son says he can't keep up with you and maybe he will follow in your footsteps. Have a very Happy Bithday and remember the are a lot more down the road. Leo Mehl  DV^^ j1 010! HH%%

Offline Bob Howard

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 10:36:15 PM »

Dennis,

Thanks for letting us know your Dad is doing so great at 80! You are doubly blessed to have a Dad like Big Art. 

You know, Art, George Aldrich and my own Dad were the three people who showed me how to believe in myself. Were it not for them, "Rob" would have wound up a punk and probably in prison or dead because that's where I was headed. Looking back, I think I loved the sport so much because of the soulful men like Art and my Dad who would pour into me over and over - even when I just didn't get it. And not just their knowhow, but their love and encouragement even more.

I think I told you ths story, but I'd like to try and honor Art by telling it here. 

Down around 23rd out of something like 35 seniors going into the final flight of the 68 NATS and shaking like a leaf from fear, I voluntered to go up early and just get it over with. But my Dad fried my battery (I found out later) so I had to take an attempt. And then Big Art, who probaly conspired with my Dad on the battery scheme, called me aside in that "I've got something very important to tell you" way that is so uniquely Art's, gave me that huge bear hug of his, looked me in the eye and said "You can win this!"

Wise Art was not talking about the finals, but about life and believing in myself. Dennis, that moment changed me forever. Your Dad is a real life giver. Thanks to you and your family for sharing him with so many other kids like me.

And Happy Birthday Art! I love you!

Bob Howard

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »
Happy 80th Big Art!
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »
Dennis,

Thanks for letting us know your Dad is doing so great at 80! You are doubly blessed to have a Dad like Big Art. 

You know, Art, George Aldrich and my own Dad were the three people who showed me how to believe in myself. Were it not for them, "Rob" would have wound up a punk and probably in prison or dead because that's where I was headed. Looking back, I think I loved the sport so much because of the soulful men like Art and my Dad who would pour into me over and over - even when I just didn't get it. And not just their knowhow, but their love and encouragement even more.

I think I told you ths story, but I'd like to try and honor Art by telling it here. 

Down around 23rd out of something like 35 seniors going into the final flight of the 68 NATS and shaking like a leaf from fear, I voluntered to go up early and just get it over with. But my Dad fried my battery (I found out later) so I had to take an attempt. And then Big Art, who probaly conspired with my Dad on the battery scheme, called me aside in that "I've got something very important to tell you" way that is so uniquely Art's, gave me that huge bear hug of his, looked me in the eye and said "You can win this!"

Wise Art was not talking about the finals, but about life and believing in myself. Dennis, that moment changed me forever. Your Dad is a real life giver. Thanks to you and your family for sharing him with so many other kids like me.

And Happy Birthday Art! I love you!

Bob Howard
HEY BOB! GLAD TO SEE YOU HANGIN WITH US! THOSE WERE THE DAYS HUH? U STILL HANGIN IN TEXAS? We just had to make you grunt of the day. May God bless you and the the stunt model you rode into Kansas on?  H^^
Hey Bob...I loved these photos. Here's to the memories. Tell us more about your Dad?
Don Shultz

Offline Bob Howard

• New Pilot
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 09:58:39 PM »
Oppps, I think I hit send too soon - Im just no good at heyboards! hahha

Thanks, Don its great to see this site and you here. Dr Ben is doing great at 85 and sends his best to you, Art and all the guys here.

Thanks also for the GREAT pics and for the undeserved honor of being mentioned - its a really fantastic feeling that anyone even remembers.  My oldest boy look just like me, by the way - sorry fellow.

Yes, I'm still in Texas for the moment but into Scuba now and back to the Philippines on Monday (3rd time) where the fishes are frisky the women are Sooooo sweet.     

Again, thanks to Art and all you great guys that help the kids. By the way, where are all the kids?

I'll catch up with you later.

Bob

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 09:28:03 AM »
Wednesday April 25 is Art Adamisin's 80th birthday.  The family had a surprise party for him last
Saturday, a couple pix attached.  Yup he's still hornery as cat dirt.  Hope I have his energy when I'm 80.  Heck, I wish I could keep up with him NOW!

Friends of Big Art - send him a note!  jury1@wowway.com  :)
Art has not changed since the first time I met him. I bet he will be like this on his ninetieth birthday. Hapy birthday Art.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:22 PM »
Denny,

I just read Bob Howard's wonderful tribute to Big Art.  Somehow I missed seeing this earlier in the year.

That was one of the most touching comments I've ever seen anyone have the wisdom to post on the internet.

I don't need to tell you I know, but  ... you gotta be pretty proud of the old man.

Ted

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 05:50:04 PM »
Happy Birthday Big Art!!

I only met Big Art once, but what I saw then and what I have seen and heard since prove that he is one of the Great Ones!!

Jim

PS: Thanks for the gaskets.   
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here