News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GRUNT FOR TODAY!!! DON BAMBRICK  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
GRUNT FOR TODAY!!! DON BAMBRICK
« on: December 06, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »
Just checking out a new slide scanner on my repaired all in one.

A photo at the 1968 Nats. of our DON BAMBRICK.
His friendship and contributions to stunt--- go with out saying.
His finishes...and detail would take your breath away...

Also his flying skills were also equally beautiful....that it took the breath away from more than just a few ICONs of those days.
I bent his ear for many a phone call...in those early days and even accepted a collect call...from us at the Philly nats in 1969.

Please share any photos or stories about this gifted ICON Grunt of Stunt.
Don Shultz

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: GRUNT FOR TODAY!!! DON BAMBRICK
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 07:18:06 AM »
I vaguely remember Don Bambrick.

He was an early TOP GUN in the field of top quality stunt planes.  He lived in (or maybe near) Saint Clair Shores.

When John Kilsdonk was organizing the Michigan Model Airplane Association (MMAA), Don hosted a meeting at his house, circa 1965.  Needless to say, the meeting also communicated a lot of data on the art of high quality construction.

The Association was limited to no more than 3 reps from each CL club in Michigan.  The meetin had more attendees than any contes in the last 30 years.

Unfortantely, Don died and early death.   Causes were not publicised in the modleing world.

Don was one of more than a few top quality builders to pass on early.  Ron Sears and Bill Logan are two more. 

Watch those chemicals and dust.
Paul Smith

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:53:27 AM »
Just checking out a new slide scanner on my repaired all in one.

Shultzie,
 Try increasing your resolution-PPI/ DPI(more horizontal and vertical scan lines) of your scanner. The file size will increase, but you can knock it down with Photoshop/ Elements by Saving for Web, or download this for free --

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm.

Make sure your slides/ prints are clean, and your scanner glass is clean too. This picture you scanned is far better than what you've been submitting. A higher res scan and some white/color balancing will get you where you need to be. Remember that Ektachrome and Kodachrome transparencies has a tendency for the colors to shift over the years, so you may have to work the hue(tint) to help compensate for that(always take away color from what theres too much of, instead of adding color to compensate!).For example, that asphalt in the background should be grey/black, not blue! So you pull back on the blue and try to get the grey-GREY! If you need mo help, PM me.
Richard
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:18:56 PM by Richard Grogan »
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »
Shultzie,
 Try increasing your resolution-PPI/ DPI(more horizontal and vertical scan lines) of your scanner. The file size will increase, but you can knock it down with Photoshop/ Elements by Saving for Web, or download this for free --

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm.

Make sure your slides/ prints are clean, and your scanner glass is clean too. This picture you scanned is far better than what you've been submitting. A higher res scan and some white/color balancing will get you where you need to be. Remember that Ektachrome and Kodachrome transparencies has a tendency for the colors to shift over the years, so you may have to work the hue(tint) to help compensate for that(always take away color from what theres too much of, instead of adding color to compensate!).For example, that asphalt in the background should be grey/black, not blue! So you pull back on the blue and try to get the grey-GREY! If you need mo help, PM me.
Richard

GREAT JOB OF "TWEAKING...TOTALLY AMAZES ME HOW GOOD U ARE AT THIS...
WOW!
AFTER CHECKING YOUR WEBSITE...U ARE TRULY HAVE A GREAT TALENT!
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here