News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frank Macy and Gil Coughlin pass  (Read 977 times)

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Frank Macy and Gil Coughlin pass
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
I just read this on the flying lines site.
Frank Macey I knew, he was a passionate supporter of Jim Walker and his company. He kept the memory alive for those of us who never were around to appreciate it.

I did not know Mr. Coughlin, I had met Frank Macey on several occasions, a very interesting man

Just thought those outside the NW might find some interest
http://flyinglines.org/obit.coughlinmacy.html
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
Re: Frank Macy and Gil Coughlin pass
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
Frank was a true friend of mine. I reworked many of Franks engines. He also helped me in making my first Firecat. Frank is a two time NW Fireball hall of fame recipient. He was also working with John Brodak in keeping the American Jr spirit alive. I've known Frank for 20 years and know one I'd rather sit down with and talk about ...STUFF then Frank. He will be missed.

I Knew Gil. A great showman. True to the hobby and his friends. He also will be missed.
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Frank Macy and Gil Coughlin pass
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »
I too am saddened by the passing of Frank and Gil. I always appreciated franks passion for the fireball and his effort to keep jim's memory alive for frank truley loved the man. His input was always welcomed in the northwest and he was loved and respected by all.
 Gill was a great showmen with his enine collection and his Jim walker collection of planes and products that Jim manufactured. His demonstration he did at every event he was asked to attend were outstandind and very profeshional. He loved free flite and rubber powered planes and was a big part af his demonstrations He was an ambbsasdor for the modeling enthusiast like no other modeler I ever met. His dmos of flyin anthropeters was outstanding and he loved to show kid and adults how to trime there models. He was the pied piper af aviation and will be greatly missed.
 I think the good lord will be pleased to have these two guys aboard. God bless. H^^ H^^ H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here