News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DA' BEAR SHOWING US THE DETAIL ABOUT "FAT BALL POINT PENS!"  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
DA' BEAR SHOWING US THE DETAIL ABOUT "FAT BALL POINT PENS!"
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
During nationals time.....(The PIED PIPE'RS OF CLPA ICONS always seem to draw  large crowds of adoration and fans.
 Uhhh? Speaking  of PIPES..here is a shot I snapped  of THE BEAR, after I asked him to point out that section on that  fellow modeler's great TRIBUTE GIESKE NOBLER SHIRT, illustrating where Bob points out the "slightly enlarged Nobler Rib detail instruction about "TRACING AROUND THE NOBLER WING TEMPLATES "WITH A FAT BALL POINT PEN!"

(by the way....Bob was never short on gathering up his own gaggle of young admiring and dedicated pit crew helpers that soon became many of the ICON's of stunt that we see in the winners CLPA circles today. BOB GIESKE'S SCHOOL OF STUNT was alive in well in those early days.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:16:27 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Online dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: DA' BEAR SHOWING US THE DETAIL ABOUT "FAT BALL POINT PENS!"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
Bob's coaching when addressing my flying has been short and to the point. "Five feet will get you lots of points."  My vertical eights were leaning to the left, over and over, so Bob told me how to correct this, "When it starts to go to the left, just tell it, "Oh no ya' don't!"
It's a real pleasure and positive thing for all the flyers at Hobby Park to have Bob around, we appreciate him dearly, to a man.  dg
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:26:29 PM by Shultzie »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:59 PM »
Thanks Dale...
That is a wonderful tribute painting of Bob. Great " Bear's School of Stunt Story too.
Nice to see art work like that  on Stunt News.
Don Shultz

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »
Very cool pictures. I only get to see Bob once a year, if Im lucky. It is always a blast to hang out with the Bear!

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
I treasure the time that Mike Scott and I have spent practicing with Bob. He is one best people that I have had the honor of knowing.

Mike Keville did a wonderful job on the painting of Bob.
AMA 7544

Online dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »
So I asked Bob, "How do I get those five foot bottoms?" His reply, "Have Linda Bob stand a good distance outside the circle with a yellow bonnet on, and you just run that plane right by that bonnet!"   dg

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here