News:

• May 08, 2024, 11:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BOB PARKER'S PROFILE in the Orting Gazette Newspaper April 25th  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
MODEL PLANES MORE THAN A HOBBY FOR RETIRED BOEING ENGINEER!
The title for an in depth portrait profile of our beloved brother in balsa...BOB PARKER!
Check it out!
http://aboutorting.com/print.asp?ArticleID=118&SectionID=24&SubsectionID=30
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:21:49 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Re: BOB PARKER'S PROFILE in the Orting Gazette Newspaper April 25th
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »
Next time you have a chance to observe Bob...as he inspects a stunt job or when he reads somethin or looks at an old Playboy magazine.
 You will notice that his "snauzzzzz' is only about----------2.5 inches away from the models.

For years and years he has been one of the most NEAR SIGHTED human being's ever born onto this planet. Just for the fun of it....ask to borrow Parkers Glasses and try to take a lookeee'see?
IS HE BLIND OR WHUT?
 JUST IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO BE HIS EYE-DOCTA'???
Then tell me how this Genius Bob Parker is able to see anything....so small as  a stunt job over 120 feet away?  Another wonder of our Parkers world....is just how beautiful and detailed his models are...and like it has been said many many times before.
"TRUE PERFECTION INDEED!"
Bob is truly an amazingly artistical  gifted and giving human being...with an amazing sense of humor.
READ THE ARTICLE.....and you'll begin to see how fortunate all of us are to have Bob in our stuntcamp. CLP** CLP** CLP** BW@

Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »
Bob was my mentor when I decided to get some judge training. Great guy. I'd like to see him fly more, but then, I'd like to see me fly more. Don, I wish I could get you out, to tell me what I'm doing wrong. S?P Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »
Bob was my mentor when I decided to get some judge training. Great guy. I'd like to see him fly more, but then, I'd like to see me fly more. Don, I wish I could get you out, to tell me what I'm doing wrong. S?P Steve

Uhhhhh? Steve! Steve...Steve!!! LL~ "Tell you what you are doing wrong?"
 LL~ LL~
 "JUDGE NOT LESS YE BE JUDGED!" may be a bit tooooooo Biblical, but to give either Bob Parker or you...advice on judging would be pretty much pure folly, BY GOLLY!

The only advice I can give...would be...WEAR LOTS OF SUN SCREEN, DRINK LOTS N' LOTS OF WATA' ,A GREAT BIG HAT AND SOME REALLY DARK SUNGLASSES.
 UTTER-N'THAT!
What both of you have given over the years....is truly priceless. BLESS YOU BROTHA AND KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »
I Have seen this plane at two static shows. One in Puyallop and one in McMinneville. This is one of those perfect planes that is small and almost prehistoric. Ignition engine and all. I do not know if Bob ever flew it or not  but tthe wing is very small like the Fireball. As for bob's talent in building it is unsurpased like many other people I know in this Hobby. I have seen Bob fly some times and he does very well. Most of all Bob is just a plain nice guy with a lot of knowledge and he is always with smile.
 H^^ H^^ H^^ H^^ D>K D>K H^^ H^^ H^^ H^^ #^ #^ #^ #^

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:59:59 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »
Thanks Leo for sending me that photo....I took autistcal' licence and cropped it.
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:45:26 PM »
Bob is Da Man! He's been a good friend for years. He and Peggy at great people. My wife and Peggy will sit and critique the flier's style, clothing and gawkiness. They have a lot of fun.

Wish I could see Bob at more contests. Now that his health has improved, Hope we will see more of him...and his cool, red Corvette.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »
The next time any of ya'll see Bob, ask him ab0ut his 55, 56 & 57 Chebby NOMADS. He collected them. H^^
Do you remember his old Grey and Pink Olds mooobubble Bonnie hardtop? Hummm? His Nomads were long gone...although I know he talked about them...as I too owned a 57 Chev. two door hard top with the continental kit, racing plugs and Laker side pipes. What color...what else....daaaa? AQUA!!! INSIDE AN OUT! LL~
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here