News:

• May 08, 2024, 02:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BOB EMMETT with his beautiful Ike "Miss Chevrolet!"  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
BOB EMMETT with his beautiful Ike "Miss Chevrolet!"
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:06:02 AM »
Bob Emmett...
My beloved brotha'-in-balsa perhaps without question....was one of our most prolific and passioned modelers here in the NW. He helped me with not only my passion for building and flying but more importantly was around to help me as a close confidont' and he and his beautiful family...."took me in n' gave me breakfast...lunch and dinna' many many times during the lean years before I finally found my beautiful wife Carol.
 Also from his encouragement he helped me during those years when I changed occupations and started a new career as wind tunnel model maker here in Seattle.
 Along with Bob....I owe equal tribute and a debt of gratitude to so many other friends and modelers who also were Boeing family such as Gary Letsinger, Bob Parker, Joe Dill, Howard Rush, Paul Walker, Lynn Howard Dooty, James Parsons......(just to name the tip of the Boeing Iceburg)

BOB EMMETT....back to his beautiful Miss Chevy!!!
This model will forever be etched in my memory bank as one of the most beautiful in the air models that I have ever seen.
That bold white image as it cut holes in that beautiful rare blue skys...that graceful eliptal multi ribbed rounded wing with considerable dihedral, with those stately appointed wheel pants.....all made for one beautiful flying stunt model.

Here's to the memories of those moments in time......
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:38:26 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: BOB EMMETT with his beautiful Ike "Miss Chevrolet!"
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »
Boy Is that nice, That Bob was great modeler and good flyer, You always seem to come up with the good ones. No one can say enough about the guy that built this. I didn't know you were so destitute in those early days or I would have been nicer to you and maybe left your girl friends alone Ha LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:29:47 AM »
Shultzie
In the pictures of the "Miss Chevy" isn't the third photo a picture of a Barnstormer????

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:18:50 AM »
Shultzie
In the pictures of the "Miss Chevy" isn't the third photo a picture of a Barnstormer????

Clancy

Right On...YES! Just another example of Bob's love for the old time CLASSICS! A beautiful example of his workmanship excellence, huh?

Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »
Boy Is that nice, That Bob was great modeler and good flyer, You always seem to come up with the good ones. No one can say enough about the guy that built this. I didn't know you were so destitute in those early days or I would have been nicer to you and maybe left your girl friends alone Ha LL~ LL~ HB~>

H^^ LL~ LL~
Leo......U know  VD~ digity well I could never compete with a guy wearing a big CAAABOY' HAT,TIGHT BLUE DENIUMS and a BIG WINNING SMILE!

U WERE TRULY...."A LADY'S MAN IN THOSE DAYS...WITH THOSE BIG AMERICAN BLUDGES...I gotta ask you. How did you expect me to compete with that? :! n1 LL~ LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 12:54:19 AM »
Was Bob's Howard Ike published? Was it pre-1970? Power? I've seen pics of it before, but I don't think I saw the model. I'd have remembered that! Ty's got plans!!!!! Let's get it published! Does anybody know somebody who knows somebody, etc?  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »
Was Bob's Howard Ike published? Was it pre-1970? Power? I've seen pics of it before, but I don't think I saw the model. I'd have remembered that! Ty's got plans!!!!! Let's get it published! Does anybody know somebody who knows somebody, etc?  LL~ Steve

Ya know....I don't think Bob's Chev was ever published.....but I still have a set of his plans in my plans file? What a beautiful looking model in flight! WOW!
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »
For Ty...I saw Bob Emmett at VSC, I'm pretty sure, but he hasn't showed up at any NW contests this year. He came to Stunt-at-Thun a few years ago, and left his folding chairs (we think). We think he left his airplanes at the field someplace.  Emmetts are in Sequim, WA in summer, Tucson in winter.

Do any of those photos or plans have dates? Is the Ike/Chevy Classic legit, or not?  S?P Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
Be nice if someone would work up the plans.  Then build with construction photos.  All thats left is submit them to Flying Models for publication.  The pictures of a younger Bob is proof enough for Classic.  Hope to see him at VSC again.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »
Looks like there's at least two copies of the plans out there, so one of these guys needs to build the plane and get it published. Ty's pretty busy, so I think Donny should do it! He needs a project for the winter, anyway...
 LL~ Steve

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »
hey I dont have enoguh stuff to do<<
oh wait maybe I do,, hmmmm n1
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »
Bob's Ike was roughly contemporary with my black airplane in Don's thread a couple down from here.  I have the airplane in my attic more than somewhat the worse for wear.  For a while I thought about refinishing it for VSC and getting it back into the air but then found out it was simply to "young" to qualify.  Only about thirty years old.  Of course, it's also just another Genesis clone so people would have a hard time telling which of the other clones that make up the entire volume of post '69 airplanes it is supposed to be. (That's a dig at my several friends who think we had to stop Classic eligibility at '69 because everything after that were just copies of one another.  Sort of like the Ike and my "Ted's" plane in the other thread.)

Ted

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here