General control line discussion > AS TIME GOES BYE

Bob Baron photos

<< < (2/4) > >>

jose modesto:
Willis that model looks like the one in the group photo above. 3rd place Nat's finisher.
jose Modesto

proparc:
I met Bob Baron at a contest when I first came to California many years ago. He was flying that unusual white in-line Avanti in Expert. Bob Whitely was coaching his protege in Beginner which I flew, I greased the landing on the main wheels on purpose-I won it. The late John Poynter of foam wing fame was there. I remember stopping and staring at Bob for a long time and saying to myself, "so this is the Humbug guy". Nice memories

EddyR:
At one of the KOI's I judged years ago there was Bob with his little Hum-Bug ,Bill Rich and Tom Dixon plus some others that I have forgotten. Bill Rich won that day but Bob wanted to know what he did on each trick. I had been talking several hours with Bob be for that flight and he explained all his ideas about the plane and aeronautics. Here is the plane he flew that day to 2nd place.
Ed

PerttiMe:
I like the Humbug 60 pics at

http://www.flystunt.com/AIRPLANE/BARON'S%20HUMBUG%2060.htm

EddyR:
My friend Eric V has that Humbug 60. I flew it when he first got it. I will see him at the end of March in Florida and maybe he will let me fly it again.
Ed     Eric are you listening?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version