News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bob and Joe  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bob and Joe
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »
A timely Picture

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Bob and Joe
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 05:26:31 PM »
Yep, that's them. I haven't spent much time with Joe, I'm sorry to say, but Bob and Peggy Parker are great folks.

Ask him why they used to call him Bloody Bob.   LL~
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:41:18 AM »
Ask him why they used to call him Bloody Bob.   LL~

Heh, heh, I know, I know. I used to pit for him.  #^ LL~
----------------------------OUCH!-------------------------------------!!!
I too remember...pittin'for Bob many times. We used to razzz Bob often!!!Bob had an extremely lofted IQ in the genieazzz range.
For example: How many nuclear engineers do any of us know who have a Dr. degree except our beloved brotha in balsa, Bob Parker? His powers of consentration were at times...so ass-toot' that he would often forget even what town or world he was in.....I can still see the spray splatter of blood off his "flippin'-finga' when he STUCK HIS FINGER BACK INTO THE PATH OF THAT PROP--- AFTER IT HAD ALREADY STARTED!
I still can't remember if he just didn't see that prop...or whether he was so concentrated on flipping that flooded prop...over n over...and just got into kindava' rhytum thang? All I know...our gifted friend....used to give sooooo much bloood to both his control line models...as well as blood of dedication to his high stress engineering projects at work. Anyone who has had the pain..or pleasure and luck to call BOB PARKER A FRIEND AND BROTHA IN BALSA...has had the opportunity to see Bob, pour out his life's blood on waaaaay to many an occation.
Knowing just how addicting and close PAIN AND PLEASURE are connected....I often wonder if Bob perhaps, kinda loved them both, for some sic' reason. Very difficult to read the mind of a genius at work or at play?  **)
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
A timely Picture
Great photo of those old "geeeezers:) Mel. Thanks!

Have a great day Leo....wasn't that photo of your  beautiful little orange punkin colored plane...taken in Albany Oregon?
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 11:11:32 AM »
I hope so for your sake because you are younger your memory should be better than mine. I know I did fly it in Oregon and Washington. The rest is blank. Maybe Ben remembers. Like you say the dope fumes have done thier job

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here