News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Foxy Frame  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A Foxy Frame
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »
Only needs cap strips and little details and sanding and sanding and sanding. Framed faster than I thought it wood. I did make one change. I made the flaps longer. I just can't build anything without changing somethin! HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline Jerry Olson

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
Re: A Foxy Frame
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:00:11 AM »
Leo:

The Artic Fox is looking so good.  I suggest you offer it up as a raffle prize at the banquet tomorrow night.  It looks so nice it would make the winner want to start flying backwards.  Then you would have some company in the circle.  If just one guy is going the wrong way, he must be lost.  If two or more are, it means they're going that way on purpose.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:47:01 AM by Jerry Olson »
Jerry Olson
Clackamas, Oregon

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:46:06 AM »
you go Leo, looks great!
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
Leo:

The Artic Fox is looking so good.  I suggest you offer it up as a raffle prize at the banquet tomorrow night.  It looks so nice it would make the winner want to start flying backwards.  Then you would have some company in the circle.  If just guy is going the wrong way, he must be lost.   If two or more are, it means they're going that way on purpose.

Not a problem... VD~ LL~
Simply flip it over... add a tail skid to the rudder fin...plus another set of landing gears....
Just to think that one would never have to worry about landing that beautiful Mehl Foxy upside down---or it right side up...WOW! WHAT A NOVEL WAY TO DESIGN A STUNTER...ANYHOO...not only from an aerodymancial' standpoint...with steady air flow over both top and bottom of the wing.
HEY LEO!
LOOKS GREAT!!! plus bet this one is going to be a reeeeeeeeeeeeally light weight one, huh? H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »
Not a problem... VD~ LL~
Simply flip it over... add a tail skid to the rudder fin...plus another set of landing gears....
Just to think that one would never have to worry about landing that beautiful Mehl Foxy upside down---or it right side up...WOW! WHAT A NOVEL WAY TO DESIGN A STUNTER...ANYHOO...not only from an aerodymancial' standpoint...with steady air flow over both top and bottom of the wing.
HEY LEO!
LOOKS GREAT!!! plus bet this one is going to be a reeeeeeeeeeeeally light weight one, huh? H^^
The original was 42 oz. I am hopping for that but believe I can add a couple of ounces if I have to.  All that extra landing gear stuff will probably make it too heavy. ~~> HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here