News:

• May 09, 2024, 05:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MARVIN DENNY-NOVI STUNT GRUNTER OF THE DAY  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
MARVIN DENNY-NOVI STUNT GRUNTER OF THE DAY
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:03:12 PM »
Marv!
 After reading that you mentioned the STUNT-GRUNT column, I just couldn't resist..so with that in mind let's make MARVIN OUR STUNT GRUNT FOR TODAY. Not only that but YOU HAVE TRULY GIVEN SO MUCH TO MODELERS AND STUNT-GRUNTERS EVERYWHERE...
SO THIS ONES FOR YOU!

OK! Stunt grunters....hop in here and Roast our Marvin Denny and INFORALANDING....THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR WONDERFUL PHOTOS...and it would be an honor if you could help start our MAVIN DENNY...by sharing a few of your humor n' stories about this gifted modeler and flyer of the day.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:34:49 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
Re: MARVIN DENNY-NOVI STUNT GRUNTER OF THE DAY
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:47:10 PM »
Oh Boy! I totally missed this one. Several years ago I was checking out Marvins Novi, and I noticed that the APC prop had been shortened, like in a ground scrape, as the ends were just a little rough. I asked Marvin about it, and he said it was working just right so he just kept using it. And the old Fox did run really sweet. After that, every time I saw the Novi, I just had to look to see if the same old short prop was on it, and sure enough, there she was. One of the times I was checking out his prop, he was wiping it down with fuel. I asked him why he did this, and he replied that that was a secret perfomance trick. I was standing there scratching my head trying to figure out how that worked when he got that sheepish grin and told me he was just cleaning the old oil off of it. Heck! I was about to go try it on mine, cause when Marvin speaks, I listen. Those of us that know Marvin and Rea, know just how fortunate we are. A really great modeler, a good friend, and a very nice couple.
Jim Kraft

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:25:18 AM »
I am going to relate something that still stands out in my feeble mind.  I competitor was needing a part to keep flying in the contest.  Marvin had the part and helped him get going.  The guy reached for his billfold to pay for the parts.  Marvin said that he did it as a friend and if the guy insisted on paying they  were not friends anymore.  As he also stated, "One of these days I may need something".  Marvin is one of the best and I am still using his handle.  MERRY CHRISTMAS,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:31:31 AM »
A big ole 10/4 on Marvin Denny. He is always there for help when ya need it.  I once told him about a Fox hemi head that I had purchased.  He said "send it to me and I will make it right for you, just send me the postage for shipping.  Hard to beat a deal like that.  He very seldom misses one of our contests. If he ain't flying, he is helping us judge.  We always look forward to seeing him and his lovely wife here in Tulsa.
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »
Every so often I get on the phone with Mr. Denny.  To say it's a pleasure is an understatement! ;D  It is always great and we always talk for a LONG time!  Bigiron is a wealth of information, a great modeler, and an all around fine gentleman. 

Marvin, you are always welcome in my house.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »
Four years ago at Tucson I launched Marvin's plane the year the wind blew so hard he said just make sure the old girl was aimed out a little before turning it lose, all went well and he wind flew it after the pattern and just landed like nothing to it. A good guy he and Rea are wonderfull people and a joy to be with.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:58:50 PM by Joe Gilbert »
Joe Gilbert

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »
I have never met Marvin in person, but we have talked on the phone several times and he has fixed several Fox 35 hemi heads and made some venturi's for me----all for return postage, only!!!

If we were still able to award "Karma", Marvin would be maxed out!!

Marvin, thanks for the help. H^^

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here