News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:54:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A big THANK YOU to Schultzie  (Read 916 times)

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A big THANK YOU to Schultzie
« on: January 03, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »
Don,

Sorry to do this this way but my computer went belly up and I lost all my old email and addresses (at least until my IT department --  Mr. David Fitzgerald -- can resurrect it from the "Norton Anti Virus Graveyard").

Nonetheless, doesn't bother me a bit to say "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You" for your thoughtfulness in sending the blow ups of the pix from my Stunt Grunt thread.  A lot of people who mean a lot to me including three that are no longer with us in what was probably a totally unique situation, especially with my Mom and Shareen's Mom at a contest.  Very special pictures and you're a grand guy for the effort.  Only person I'm a little unsure about is the baby in my Mom's lap.  I'm thinking it is Bob and Ginnys grandbaby by beautiful Suzie (who I've known since she was about the same size).  Have you got any idea on that one?

Also noted you enclosed no "bill" for the doing of this special treat.  Rest assured the next time we get together dinner's on me.

Ted

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: A big THANK YOU to Schultzie
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »
Ted...
You are more than welcome for those quicky Costco blow-ups that were sent to you as n old gift-pony as a Christmas alms of good tidings..n'allthatjazz. LL~
By the way...
I just noticed that I forgot to send that other shot of you and your beautiful model...(also note that dated old 77 Copper colored old Vaaaaaaalarrrrrieeee'oHNO! car  directly behind you in the photo was purchased used in the summer of 1978.
I will dig that neg. out again and pay it forward to you....next week.
(Those T-TOPS were definately not made for our NW climate.) That T top  was so poorly designed, that if you left even the smallest-teenie-weeniest opening in the windows...
RAIN WOULD POUR OFF THE ROOF directly into both front seats and even worse the trim around the T tops held that water during a rain storm, just like a tray...collecting water all day as the car sat outside the workplace. If you forgot to dump the water before you opened the doors..all the water would suddenly rush off the roof and into the front seats.
Bottom line:
I think that was also the period of time...that Chrysler was at an all time low...ending with that ill fated K CAR-KONCEPT' and almost put the mighty Morpars into the toilet not unlike the way of the way of  the mighty Kaiser/Fraisers.

Interesting isn't it...that so often...old photos that are found...mean so much more than they did at the moment of the shutter. In a few days....I can't believe that I will have a 69th vintage old birthday!!!! WOW!

GADS, TED AND GANG! TIME FLYS WHEN WE ARE HAVING FUN...Guess this is why looking back through the eyes of these old photos on our Stunt Grunt Column can rekindle old memories that are so often dimmed with time....SO WITH THAT GANG!
KEEP THOSE OLD MEMORIES FLOWIN...DIG OUT THOSE OLD SHOE BOXES OF PHOTOS..SCAN N' KEEP SHARING THEM WITH US!

Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here