News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "LITTLE MOE"  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Rafael Gonzalez

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
"LITTLE MOE"
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
At my friend's house (Jim Carpenter) saw a photo of a fellow with this plane. He has all the Model Airplane News from 1940's to ???. This was from 1952. I have this obsession of flying at Brodack's Old Time Stunt with a "Sparker". The caption said that this pilot built this plane to make sure it could take the 60's easily. With today's technology, a lot of the weight from the on-board system can be saved with LiPos, no switches, etc. Was this a one time design by the fellow or was it kitted? Could not find on any of the mags from 1952. It is funny to see a magazine of a date that you were 5-6 months old... Another thing, if I modify the ignition system (not taking the platinum contacts on the rotor away) would I loose the bonus score? Should this be moved to OLD TIME STUNT? If so, my apologies and please relocate Thank you

D>K

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: "LITTLE MOE"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
Perfectly OK to post  it on this forum heading...however you could also post a similar one on Old Time Stunt in which I am certain they (especially some of the really old duffers would like more info...and also pehaps have someone that knew that model. H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Rafael Gonzalez

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
Thank You Shultzie. I have posted the questions on O.T.S. also. I believe this design will fly pretty competitive and will be fun to build/fly. I will try and scan the photo and the name of the pilot. It will help...

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:40 PM »
I  saw Rusty fly his Little Moe at the VSC in tuscon # 10. What a great Plane and I think the wingspan was longer than Rusty. He was a real gentelman of this sport. H^^ H^^

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »
I might be mistaken, but I think Roy Trantham had one also. If I remember right the Little Moe was around 1200 square inches. I don't remember the span.
Jim Kraft

Offline Robertc

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 01:15:14 PM »
Roy Tranthom still has his Little Moe.  Has not flown it in probably 12 years.

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
I think that Rusty had an Anderson Spitfire ignition engine installed on his Little Moe. I ran the ignition event at Tucson that year.

De Hill
De Hill

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »
Could be mistaken, but I seem to recall the wingspan is 76".  First saw a photo of this design in an old issue of Air Trails, back in the '50s.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here