News:

• April 26, 2024, 02:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Doctor John" McMasters...Genius Aerodynamicist has passed  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
"Doctor John" McMasters...Genius Aerodynamicist has passed
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »
I have tried for about an hour trying to add attachments...that would give insight to one of the most gifted Boeing Aerodynamicist's that had touched my life while during the days at Phantom Works and the Wind tunnel.
Johns contributions to flight are legendary and his  passions and love for not only things that fly...were amazing.

I hate cheap obit' scanns...so beg my pardon. What a gifted genius gone too soon at the young age of 69...
What a gift to our world...and I am so blessed to have shared a bit of brief time on this earth...around folks like John.
My deepest condolences to The McMasters family and his many many friends throughout the world. He will be deeply missed.
hope this attach ment flies.. H^^   
www.colorado.edu/aerospace/about/news/john_mcmasters.pdf
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:13:06 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: "Doctor John" McMasters...Genius Aerodynamicist has passed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »
John taught my Design class when he was a grad student.  He showed up at Boeing later and pretty much got to do what he thought needed doing.  He designed outlandish airplanes, studied bug and bird design, and had a big influence on engineering education.  He foisted off organizing a series of technical lectures on me, and I retaliated by signing him up to give some lectures.  He was a colorful speaker. 

I went to his memorial service last Saturday, and then to Gig Harbor to see the new stunt venue.  Had I known you'd known John, I'd have notified you. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: "Doctor John" McMasters...Genius Aerodynamicist has passed
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
Thanks...for posting about our Dr. John.
I hear Ron Bengelink has some really neat info that he might be going to share with us next Wed at the RATS meeting (retired wind tunnel aero techies') Wed. at our Burien Elks.

As you know...lots of folks at the wind tunnel knew him well. He was also a good friend of my musician friend and wind tunnel engineer aero gurruuuu, the late Jim Crowder who was also a celebrated Tech. Excellence Award winner. Jim and I often bugged out to lunch at the Museum of Flight...and on one of those lunch breaks John came over and sat down with us and from that time. I would see John at the Wind Tunnel from time to time, especially during those first think tank daze of the New "SONIC LOSER"
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here