News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who is this pilot?  (Read 1655 times)

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Who is this pilot?
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:41:23 PM »
On the Score thread, Eric V. asked if anyone knew who designed the Score. For another reason I was rooting around the Top FLite site and found a video showing the Score in action. In one scene you can see the pilot. Here is a screen grab of his face so I was curious if anyone knows who he is and whether it might provide a clue to the Score Designer. By the way here is a link to the videos. The links are down at the bottom of the page.
http://www.top-flite.com/airplanes/topa1020.html

Here is the pilot flying the Score. As a couple of side comments, that second loop was sure close to the ground!

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Who is this pilot?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 09:09:13 PM »
Looks a lot like Brett Buck, except for the ponytail, of course!  LL~ Steve

Edit: Whoa! I just watched all three movies. NOT Brett! This is the longest of the three. The voice lagged behind loading. Replaying it would get that squared away.
http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/top/topa1020-deluxe.mpg
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
Mmm, power lines.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 10:43:43 PM »
Well, not to be too negative to that pilot, I would think Brett would fly a bit smoother than that  ~^. Again as a clue,
I didn't think the location looked much like the daughter's Alma Mater area.

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:36:51 AM »
I'm really hoping the guy in the Score video, and the guys in the other ARF video's weren't involved in the design stages.  I would hope that a manufacturer would take the time to find someone with more expertise in the field to design products.  Look at the places these promo videos are filmed.  Also notice the people flying the planes are using whatever junk generic equipment the big R/C supply houses carry, the stuff that most of us wouldn't be caught dead using.  Then look at how they're flying.  It seems more like someone at Great Planes went down to the mail room and drafted someone to go goof off with the new product so they could get a promo video.  The design is most likely imported just like the rest of the product. 

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 10:09:56 AM »
WoW!
Tough crowd!
I thought that the guy did pretty well, considering that the plane probably had an LA 46 for power....

Alan Hahn

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
I don't think it was someone from the stock room, since there aren't too many people who can fly inverted right off the bat!

Offline Mike Foley

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:47:54 PM »
  That loop that almost bought terr-firma was probably due to that 1/16" elevator pushrod flexing. The ARF pushrods leave a lot to be desired.  I know my ARF Cardinal you could push on/off the threaded clevis. Those items were replaced.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here