News:

• April 28, 2024, 11:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What about the ARF Primary Force?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What about the ARF Primary Force?
« on: June 05, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »
What about the ARF PF? I just bought one on emergency from Tower after I stuffed my kit built hand me down Primary Force. Just as the engine was dialed in and sweet. Overconfident I could yank a lower vertical eight loop after starting too low.  Anyway, the ARF PF is simple and hassle free to glue together. Very little work. As easy as a Streak ARF. My PF definitely kicked the butt of any Flite Streak made to stunt that I've seen. This based on my direct observation, having flown Streaks for a number of years, including a season competing in Beginner with an ARF version. Seems to me as a serious stunt trainer/competition plane, the Primary Force wins hands down. It's as easy to trim and assemble as a Streak, since it has no flaps and it points and smooths the maneuvers much better. Beats me why it costs 2 and a half times as much. Nevertheless it's a more capable piece of work. The Brodak ARFs give a lot more bang for the buck, true, but flaps complicate assembly and tuning. As for getting in the air quick with an effective plane, the PF works much better than an ARF hollow nose in my humble opinion.

Offline Steve Holt

• Commander
Re: What about the ARF Primary Force?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »
Dennis,
Watch the CG location on the ARF.  The fuselage wood in mine must have been very heavy because the CG turned out to be very far aft with the planned FP25.  Rather than add nose weight, I installed an OS25FSR ball bearing engine that weighs about 8 oz.  Even with this, I needed the stock muffler rather than a tongue muffler to get the CG correct.  This engine has the same mounting dimensions and nearly the same weight as a Thunder Tiger 36.  I have flown mine with the 36, but since the 25FSR is more than enough power, I have put it back on.   Something about the 15 lb. pull tests.  I have not, however, flown it on .012 lines due to concerns about margins with such a large and relatively heavy airplane.  I use 60' of .015 on the PF.

This is a great flying airplane.  Makes landings a breeze compared to my previous Flite Streaks (with 2 wheel gear) and Skyray.  Everything on mine is stock except that I added a carbon fiber tube over the pushrod and a longer control horn to slow down the response.

Steve

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »
Curious, Ty, how does a uniflow conversion fail?
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on the plane. My kit built PF was powered by a very tame fp40. Balance seemed to be perfect. Used a tongue muffler. The same engine and tank will is transferred to the ARF. An old style FP of unknown history. This will be its third plane since I've owned it. First was a Twister.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here