News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Weight removal  (Read 1228 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Weight removal
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »
My belief is that ALL ARF/ARCs tend toward porkiness.....

Has anyone kept track of how much weight they have REMOED from one?

Thanks

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Weight removal
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
Define "Porkiness".  My ARF Smoothie weighs 42 ounces and flies great with a Brodak 40.  My LA-46 powered P-40 weighs 46 ounces.  I guess some of the ARFs could be sleds, but the ones I've gotten so far have been consistent with anything I built myself as far as weight goes.

Steve
Steve

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:00:19 AM »
I took out .5 ounce of balsa wood out of my arc strega inboard wing tip, that means about a half ounce less tipweight too. 

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »
From what I have expierenced the SCORE is the porkiest.. The wing in my score weighed 13 ounces and I know that wing can be built under 10 ounces easy...

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »
Quite frankly I think you have it completely backwards--most Arfs are lighter than most of us build! I am not saying that someone using contest grade wood wouldn't do better, but I will argue that compared to typical kit wood, the Arfs come out pretty respectable. At least one factor is that they are plastic covered (for better or worse!).
I remember my ARF Nobler coming in around 40oz or so with a Brodak 40. I don't recall the exact number, but my review of it which appeared in Stunt News gave the weight. This review was copied from the original (but now lost) SSW Review section. I remember reading it in Stunt News and wondering why it sounded familiar!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here