Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

Vector/ST 46 Question

(1/5) > >>

Vincent Judd:
Can anyone tell me if a ST 46 will fit into the Vector ARF without major surgery?  Are the engine bearers far enough apart?  Is the 46 too heavy?  Is this even a viable combination or should I just get one of the smaller 36 or 40 sized motors?  I was trying to save a little money, I have this very nice ST 46's looking for a home.  I can't find much information on here about anyone using this motor in this plane, which may just answer my question.

I was also wondering how the motors are secured?  Do they use that plate clamping system?

Thanks guys

Vince

Bill Little:
I do not have the Vector, but I have seen (and used!)  ST 46s in 35 size Classic planes.  Especially the larger size ones that now seem very underpowered with a "Classic" 35 engine.  My Spacehound was orginally a 35 powered plane, but it flew really good with the ST 46.

I don't think there would be a problem using the ST 46 in a Vector ARF.

Bill <><

peabody:
Yup...
The ST 46 is a nice powerplant for the Vector

Richard Grogan:

--- Quote from: Cougar347 on February 01, 2007, 09:30:30 PM ---Can anyone tell me if a ST 46 will fit into the Vector ARF without major surgery?  Are the engine bearers far enough apart?  Is the 46 too heavy?  Is this even a viable combination or should I just get one of the smaller 36 or 40 sized motors?  I was trying to save a little money, I have this very nice ST 46's looking for a home.  I can't find much information on here about anyone using this motor in this plane, which may just answer my question.

I was also wondering how the motors are secured?  Do they use that plate clamping system?

Thanks guys

Vince

--- End quote ---
I dont know about the ST 46, but I bought a Vector ARF for a testbed for my os 40SF, which is going to go into my Vector im building, and it was too big for the engine bearers. Had to use the 40FP. The SF fits nicely into the kit-built Vector, but not the ARF.Theres no plate mounting system included.The ARF has an hatch that glues ontop the of engine bearers after you bolt the engine on. The hatch covers the blind nuts once the engine is mounted.

Bill Little:

--- Quote from: Richard Grogan on February 02, 2007, 11:25:09 AM ---I dont know about the ST 46, but I bought a Vector ARF for a testbed for my os 40SF, which is going to go into my Vector im building, and it was too big for the engine bearers. Had to use the 40FP. The SF fits nicely into the kit-built Vector, but not the ARF.The ARF has an hatch that glues ontop the of engine bearers after you bolt the engine on. The hatch covers the blind nuts once the engine is mounted.

--- End quote ---

We once replaced a FP 40 with a ST 46 on a profile (Tood Lee gave Aaron his Shameless).  I do not remember having to alter the opening for the ST 46.  It was almost a direct swap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version