News:

• March 28, 2024, 12:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vector 40 Electric ARF flap/elevator ratio?  (Read 1717 times)

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
Vector 40 Electric ARF flap/elevator ratio?
« on: January 23, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »
If this has been answered before, I can't find where.  What is the flap to elevator ratio on the Vector 40 Electric ARF?  Further....What holes in the supplied horns are actually used?  Closest to hinge line?  Center hole?  Most outer holes?
For reference I'll be using a Cobra 2820/12 (kv970), 4S 3000mah Lipo, APC 11x5.5 EP.
Thanks!
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Vector 40 Electric ARF flap/elevator ratio?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Hi Dave
I built the Vector ARF prototype for Brodak and have include a couple pix.  The set-up I used and recommend is:

* Bellcrank pushrod at the bellcrank from the innermost hole
* Bellcrank rod to outermost hole on flap horn, use a ball link.
* ALSO connect the flap to elevator rod with ball link to the same screw at the flap horn - see pix below. This maximizes the throw available to the elevator.
* Flap rod to elevator also at the outermost hole.   This results in a 1:1 ratio which is (pretty sure) what Randy Smith recommends.  At any rate it worked great on THIS Vector

Good luck with the Vector, I think you will like it.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
Re: Vector 40 Electric ARF flap/elevator ratio?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
Dennis,
This is exactly what I asked for. Thank You for the information.  The "build" is coming along nicely.  The supplied bellcrank had a lot of slop in the pivot bearing so I replaced it another 4" bellcrank.  Drilled to pushrod hole at 11/16".  Ball links all around is planned.  I spent a lot of time hinging the surfaces with Kletts.  All move very free.
Thanks again!
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here