News:

• April 30, 2024, 02:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vector 40 ARC  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Rod Claus

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Vector 40 ARC
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:47:53 AM »
Need a little advise from you folks out there.
Just finished a Vector 40 ARC/35FP to practise my covering and painting skills(or lack there of).This thing weighs 43 oz. in ready to fly mode except for the covering and paint!! Is this normal?
Any ideas?
Rod Claus
Rod Claus
Kent,Wash.

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Vector 40 ARC
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
Rod

That's about par for the arf/arc. I have had 2 arfs and have an arc in silver at this point. They fly pretty well in that range.

Bob Branch

Offline Rod Claus

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »
Thanks Bob......
We'll just have to start sanding,sanding,sanding........................and see if we can lower the weight somewhat.
Rod
Rod Claus
Kent,Wash.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:02:17 PM »
My comment is that the "old" designs came in in the 40oz range and had Fox 35's for power. The modern 35-40 engines have plenty of grunt (and a lot of that extra weight!) so I am not sure you should be worried so much.

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »
As I noted over on the other CL forum my ARC Vector with Magnum 36 came in at 49 oz ready to fly with dope over carbon veil on fuselage and Ultracote on flying surfaces. Flys very well, no "weight" problem at all. I wouldn't waste the time trying to sand off half an ounce of weight somewhere. Bunches of ARF/ARC Vectors are flying in NorCal now, threatening to make "Intermediate" the "Vector 40" class...and maybe Advanced as well!

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:21:43 PM »
My Vecter 40 Wieghed in at 54. ounces and it flew real good. I powered it with a Super Tigre 46. I Had to add nose weight because I over painted it. I think I could have built it a whole bunch lighter. Used a 4 and a halfe oz. tank. With a very small venturi. The airfoil is rather thick on this plane so has lots of lift. The other problem I had with it was the landing gear was not long enough to swing an 11 inch  prop. Put a carbon fiber gear on and was in business. Good luck Rodney. H^^ H^^ H^^ ~^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here