News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Top Flite Nobler ARF  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Jerry Rauch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Top Flite Nobler ARF
« on: June 08, 2021, 08:03:42 PM »
I have a Nobler ARF that was in my attic, still in the box after over 12 years. (I really don't even remember buying it) The Monocote is trash, and I have been peeling this garbage off for the last week, at least. The glue in the Monocote is like crust...
Being lazy, I saved peeling the wing for last, the Chinese must not be able to install ribs straight or upright. If I would have done the wing first, I would have just thrown EVERYTHING in the garbage can...
The leadouts are trash, the horns are trash, the wheels are trash, the quick links are trash, no manual, or whatever they call it.
But, It does have a fiberglass cowl, yippee......
Thanks for letting me vent my frustration
Oh, and I just found out the dog chewed up the 5 day old ROKU control for the TV, and I can't turn off the ROKU until I get a new control.
Nice...

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Top Flite Nobler ARF
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »
Hey Jerry,
Sorry for your troubles!
I got a complete control system from Tom Morris when it was Stunthanger Hobby for my Nobler ARF.

I am sure Russell at Okieair could set you up with what you need.

Don't forget to beef up the engine mounts.

All the best
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 04:30:32 AM »
FWIW, the manual is available on line.

If the link below does not work, then just google "Nobler ARF Manual" and pick the hobbyco link.

http://www.google.ca/url?esrc=s&q=&rct=j&sa=U&url=http://manuals.hobbico.com/top/topa1005-manual.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjTjvHhq4rxAhUDLs0KHQH_CGQQFjACegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2POoUlJZ5COYmqoEb_-X4M
MAAC 8177

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 07:24:56 AM »
If you got the WhateverthatstuffisKote they used to shrink wrap it off, it might be worth the effort to finish it.  I have no idea which Nobler it was patterned after but mine, after replacing everything that moved, flew very well.  One recomendation on airframe if it is still naked would be to sand the stab back to the original "sharp" LE that the BlueBox had and add a touch more rudder, Gieseke style.  Mine was pure ARF and it did have a slight hunting inclination.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Jerry Rauch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 08:56:04 AM »
Thanks everyone for the advice. The structures look halfway decent after sanding everything a lot!.
Have to make a belly pan. It was missing also...

Online Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »
For the Roku, download the app on your phone. You can then use your phone as the remote, assuming everything is on the same network. I've had to do that multiple times (the joys of a 5yo boy grabbing the remote and doing so knows what with it).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Jerry Rauch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 05:49:47 PM »
Steve, Thank you for the advice, but as the saying goes, "I'm an analog guy in a digital world". What is this app thing you speak of? Seriously though, I have a flip phone, and it's fine by me. The wife is appalled though. Now, the remote lives on the table in the center, Buddy's a big dog, and learned how to put his front paws on the table and reach for what's on top, but he can't quite make it to the center....

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here