News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: T-Rex ARF Flying  (Read 1320 times)

Offline stunt1

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
T-Rex ARF Flying
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »
To all you guys in Stuntland out there. I wanted to report that I have one of the ARF's with a Big Jim ST 60 in it. I'm using one of Windy's older Tube Mufflers so I didn't have to deal with an extension for the exhaust.
Total dry weight is 59.5 ounces. Also using a 12x 6 Super M Prop and flying on 64 foot 19 strand lines (that's eyelet to eyelet).
My experience with the flying is a very positive one.. I used everything, including all the control systems that come with the kit, ball links, etal.

This airplane fly's exceptionally well and grooves real nice coming out of corners. It doesn't hunt at all, which I was a little worried about since I always use slop in the elevator controls.
So far I have about 15 flights on it and would highly recommend this airplane to anyone. Haven't had any problems yet like cracking etc. I will say that I heard a little crack when I squeezed the body picking it up one time. Obviously they used real light balsa on this "puppy".

Buy one and have yourself a great time. If you want to build a great Classic airplane, by one of my "United" kits from Brodak (I'm building one now). The wood thet Brodak is using is really outstanding. I'll give you all feedback on that when I'm done.

Well enough rambling for now. Talk with ya all soon. Oh, don't forget our "Big Jim" Greenaway Memorial Stunt Contest due to be held on Sunday, May 23 at the Flushing Meadows Model Airplane Field.

Cheers,

Bob "Champione" Lampione
Bob "Champione" Lampione
New York Stunt Team
AMA-605

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here