News:

• April 17, 2024, 08:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SV-11-Vector 40 ARF adjustability  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
SV-11-Vector 40 ARF adjustability
« on: March 31, 2018, 02:56:58 PM »
I have an SV-11 in the box and planning to buy a Vector at Toledo show if they have any available.
I am currently assembling a Nobler ARF and I have noticed that the controls are no longer adjustable after final assembly. I really don’t like that and was wondering if the SV-11 and Vector arfs are the same way.
I’m mostly concerned with getting the flaps and elevators properly aligned and possibly wanting to adjust the flap/elevator ratio.
Maybe I’m overly worried about something that isn’t that critical at my stage.

Thanks, Matt

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
Re: SV-11-Vector 40 ARF adjustability
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:17:36 PM »
I can’t comment on the SV-11.
Once assembled, the flap horn on the Vector is visible through the canopy, but inaccessible without some level of surgery.
The elevator horn is accessible through a ‘window’ on each side of the fuselage if you cut the covering away. You could change the position of the pushrod on the elevator horn fairly easily. Turning the pushrod to adjust the length would be more of a challenge, but could be done.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi Matt
If you set the controls up as instructed, and spend some time test fitting the elevator after the wing is glued in place, the stab may be slid back and forth enough to get the flaps and elevator to zero-zero.

Have fun

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »
Hi Matt
If you set the controls up as instructed, and spend some time test fitting the elevator after the wing is glued in place, the stab may be slid back and forth enough to get the flaps and elevator to zero-zero.

Have fun

But it might be better to have the elevator a tiny bit down with the flaps at zero  S?P

It is worth at least considering putting in some way to make this adjustable.
For example LH+RH inserts with a carbon pushrod

https://stunthanger.com/hobby/index.php?cPath=24_48
MAAC 8177

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »
These comments relate to ARC/ARF Vectors from several years ago. Somebody else will have to comment about the new generation models in the multi-layer boxes.

First, there is no moving the stabiliser back and forth. You need to humour the back of the cutout with a small round file if you want to fit brass horn bearings.

Also, the stabiliser is tapered so it's best to check and ensure that the stab is at zero incidence to the wing or up to 0.5° positive.

If you are still concerned, there is just enough space in the rear fuselage to fit an adjustment hatch under the stabiliser so you can adjust the pushrod.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here