Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

SV-11 ARF Maiden Flight

<< < (2/5) > >>

pmackenzie:

--- Quote from: Astropuppy on June 28, 2020, 08:49:51 AM ---nice flight!

Army Texan = Navy SNJ

--- End quote ---

And up here we call them Harvards.:)

It is one plane you don't have to look up to identify. The sound of the shock waves coming off the prop tips as they fly by is unmistakable.

Back on topic, I like how the "flying level" motor break-in flight turned into stunting :)
Hard to just fly round and round with a stunt model.

Deric Herrmann:
Is that a Racer X sticker on the tail? :)

Shug Emery:

--- Quote from: Dane Martin on June 29, 2020, 01:26:49 PM ---Beautiful Shug. We've missed seeing your videos

--- End quote ---
Thanks. Not filming as much CL but do have a few in the can.

--- Quote from: pmackenzie on June 29, 2020, 08:31:23 PM ---And up here we call them Harvards.:)

It is one plane you don't have to look up to identify. The sound of the shock waves coming off the prop tips as they fly by is unmistakable.

Back on topic, I like how the "flying level" motor break-in flight turned into stunting :)
Hard to just fly round and round with a stunt model.

--- End quote ---

I kinda knew I would not keep it just level!

--- Quote from: Deric Herrmann on July 02, 2020, 08:50:21 PM ---Is that a Racer X sticker on the tail? :)

--- End quote ---
Yessir....it sure is.

john e. holliday:
Another good video.  I too break engines in by flying.   Set rich and slowly go in with the needle.  Remember flying low to the ground makes engine run richer.   Looks like you have a winner.   Thought about you with all the shut down of activities.  The local race tracks are getting back in action, but I guess the state and county fairs are a no go.   Too bad the politicians don't have to foot the bill out of their pocket instead of the tax payers.  Any way glad to see you are still with us. D>K

Shug Emery:

--- Quote from: john e. holliday on July 06, 2020, 10:11:43 AM ---Another good video.  I too break engines in by flying.   Set rich and slowly go in with the needle.  Remember flying low to the ground makes engine run richer.   Looks like you have a winner.   Thought about you with all the shut down of activities.  The local race tracks are getting back in action, but I guess the state and county fairs are a no go.   Too bad the politicians don't have to foot the bill out of their pocket instead of the tax payers.  Any way glad to see you are still with us. D>K

--- End quote ---

It is fun to fly so far. Beefed up tailwheel and landing gear. Trying different props.

Yes...all my work cancelled.
I retired from my act.
Flying is a nice break from politics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version