Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

SV-11 ARF Maiden Flight

<< < (5/5)

Shug Emery:

--- Quote from: Peter Grabenstein on July 30, 2020, 04:37:15 AM --- I knew itīs you, btw nice rubber pimple @ your nose.
 LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
 H^^
Peter

--- End quote ---
Rhinestone pimple~~~~ fancy.

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: john e. holliday on July 06, 2020, 10:11:43 AM ---Another good video.  I too break engines in by flying.   Set rich and slowly go in with the needle.  Remember flying low to the ground makes engine run richer.   Looks like you have a winner.   Thought about you with all the shut down of activities.  The local race tracks are getting back in action, but I guess the state and county fairs are a no go.   Too bad the politicians don't have to foot the bill out of their pocket instead of the tax payers.  Any way glad to see you are still with us. D>K

--- End quote ---

NEVER  ever  break in a  PA  AAC  engine  or  most any other  ABC  AAC  engine  in  by  running  it slow and  rich in the  air, You can damage the  engine, kill the  rod, and  you  will NOT properly  break-in the  piston sleeve fit,  These  type  engines  require  you getting them up to operating  temp  for the  parts  inside to grow to the  size it needs to, to be  properly seated  and  get a stable engine

Regards
Randy

Shug Emery:

--- Quote from: RandySmith on August 22, 2020, 10:31:30 AM ---NEVER  ever  break in a  PA  AAC  engine  or  most any other  ABC  AAC  engine  in  by  running  it slow and  rich in the  air, You can damage the  engine, kill the  rod, and  you  will NOT properly  break-in the  piston sleeve fit,  These  type  engines  require  you getting them up to operating  temp  for the  parts  inside to grow to the  size it needs to, to be  properly seated  and  get a stable engine

Regards
Randy

--- End quote ---
Duly noted for future.
Seems to be flying well for me. Maybe I got lucky. I did have a good bit of ground break in time on it. Enjoying it.
Ran it too rich a few time and too lean a few times but have a good setting now.
5.2-ish lap times. Seems slow but great tension on the lines and goes through all stunts without a hitch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version