News:

• April 27, 2024, 04:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strega balance point  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Tom Taylor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Strega balance point
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »
Could someone tell me the measurement to use to balance the Strega ARF?  I remember that Brodak had posted a message about the measurement in the manual was incorrect.  I looked at the Brodak web site and that info is no longer there.  Thanks for looking.

Tom Taylor
Tom Taylor AMA 23014

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Strega balance point
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »
Tom,

The CG shown on the plans for my Strega kit (not arf) is 8 1/8 inches forward of the flap hinge line, at the fuse side.

Still several weeks (months?) before it will be flown-------

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »
Tom,

The CG shown on the plans for my Strega kit (not arf) is 8 1/8 inches forward of the flap hinge line, at the fuse side.

Still several weeks (months?) before it will be flown-------

Jim

Guys, before you even fly it, do yourselves a favor. Strip the covering from the LE about an inch back, top and bottom. Take a Perma-grit tool, or a sanding block with ~80 grit sandpaper, and sand the leading edge flat until you have about a 3/16 flat spot evenly from root to tip. Then round it off with more sanding, taking great care not to sand more than about 3/16" back onto the sheeting. Too far or too deep = open hole, since the LE is 1/4" square hardwood. Then over it with sticky Monokote.

If you don't, be very very careful on the first few flights, particularly in the wingover, triangle, and hourglass. Leave plenty of room at the bottoms the maneuvers because it will stall very easily on even moderate cornering.

Brett

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »
Just email Windy and ask or Brodaks. Then post it with what engine you are using and how it flys.
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here