News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strega arc with 2 part wing  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Mike Greb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Strega arc with 2 part wing
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »
Has anybody assembled a Strega with the 2 part wing?   I am assembling one on a very tight time budget.  So far, I an replacing the  control horns and pushrods, and relocating the bellcrank so that the pushrod  is in line with the centerline of the wing due to the control horn I have available.  I need to know if there is anything else new with the 2 part wing model.

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
Re: Strega arc with 2 part wing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:28:04 AM »
Got it together, but the landing gear blocks are aready wobbly from just assembly.  Anybody have a quick fix that can be done in a motel room? It looks like I am going to have to go into the bottom of the wing and epoxy a block of maple in somehow, but no time right now. Got to pack.

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
Re: Strega arc with 2 part wing
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
Big DUH factor going here.  I was trying to use recylced landing gear from another plane. I did not realise that there was a block glued in to the top of the wing, and the gear was supposed to go to go all the way through the wing.  The stock gear with a set of really big wheels has clearance for a 14" prop.  now to fix the gaping hole in the bottom of the wing then I can finish packing.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here